Sunday, September 1, 2024

Technique Junkies | September New Stamp Release | Halloween Pyramid Card

 

Hello everyone and welcome to the September 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies.  This month there are 14 new stamps to whet your appetite - 4 new background stamps, Halloween stamps, animals, and 2 sentiment sets perfect for birthdays and family scrapbooking.  

All the new stamps in the release are 15% off through Sunday, September 8th and, if you use my code - TJ10Michael - you can take 10% off everything else on the website.


If you love and want ALL the new stamps, grab the Gotta Have It All Bundle, for only $95.48 - a savings of $31.82 (25% off) of the retail price - $127.30.  It's a great deal and it's like getting a few stamps for free.


To help celebrate the new release, I made a really cool Halloween "pyramid" card using 2 of the new stamps - Halloween Background and Halloween Paintstroke.  If you have never made a pyramid card, you might become addicted to making them.  

You will need some sort of nesting dies - rectangle, square, even circle dies.  If you do not own any of these dies, you can just cut them to size with a ruler and knife or a papercutter.  To make this card I used Stitched Rectangle Set 1 Dies  from Pink & Main.  This is my go-to stitched rectangle set because the largest die is the same size as an A2 card. 

If you want to recreate this card or make one like it, this is what I did:   

  • This rectangle die set comes with 8 dies.  I adhered 4 of the dies to my colored image and die-cut them.  I used the smallest die, and then every other die in size.  You want some space between each layer.  You will end up with 4 pieces.


  • I made a top-folding A2 card using black cardstock and adhered the largest piece to it.  It will cover your whole card front.  
  • I layered the next piece on a piece of black cardstock measuring 3 3/8" x 4 5/8".  You want just a smidgen of a border.  Then I adhered that to a piece of black fun foam and then to the card front.   
  • Then the next piece on a piece of black cardstock, 2 3/8" x 3 5/8", then to a piece of black fun foam, and then to the card front.  
  • For the last piece, I layered it on a piece of black cardstock, 1 3/8" x 2 5/8", then a piece of black fun foam, then to the card front.
  • Here you can see the different layers showing in a pyramid form.
  • For the inside, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die and stamped Halloween Paintstroke in the lower right corner, then I adhered it to the inside of the card. 

Here is one more idea using the Halloween Painstroke as the last piece on the card front.  This looks fun too!


Below are links to Design Team blogs and I hope you will find the time to check out what each of them has made to kick off the September release.    


Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael 

1 comment:

Day 18 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Scary Tree Branches with Eyes | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to  Day 18 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have - yes - another Halloween card.  But - today ...