Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Day 12 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | 3 Halloween Cards Using Scraps | Technique Junkies

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 12 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. Today I have 3 Halloween cards using leftover scrapbook papers from other Halloween cards I have made and extra Happy Halloween sentiments from the All About Halloween stamp from Technique Junkies.      

If you would like to make any of these cards or some like them, this is what I did: 

Card No. 1 - Candy Corn Card

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base.  I cut a piece of purple cardstock, 5.5" x 8.5", placed the long side along the top of my scoring tool, scored at 4.25", and burnished well.  
  • I die-cut a piece of the candy corn paper using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.
  • I cut a piece of black fun foam 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" (just shy of 4" x 5.25").
  • I adhered the fun foam to the back of the candy corn piece and then to my card front. 
  • I layered one of my Happy Halloween sentiments on a piece of purple cardstock that I had die-cut using a stitched banner die, and then I adhered this to my card front. 
  • Lastly, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die and I adhered this to the inside of my card. 
Card No. 2 - Smiling Pumpkins Card

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base.  I cut a piece of orange cardstock, 4.25" x 11", placed the long side along the top of my scoring tool, scored at 5.5", and burnished well.  
  • I die-cut a piece of black cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, which I then adhered to the card front.
  • I die-cut a piece of the smiling pumpkins paper using a 3.75" x 5" stitched rectangle die.
  • Then I cut a piece of black fun foam 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" (just shy of 4" x 5.25"), adhered it to the back of the smiling pumpkins paper, then to the card front. 
  • I layered one of my Happy Halloween sentiments on a piece of black cardstock that I had die-cut using a stitched banner die, then to the card front.   
  • Lastly, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die and I adhered this to the inside of my card. 
Card No. 3 - October 31st Card

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base.  I cut a piece of white cardstock, 4.25" x 11", placed the long side along the top of my scoring tool, scored at 5.5", and burnished well.  
  • I die-cut a piece of orange cardstock using a 4.25" x 5.5" stitched rectangle die, which I then adhered to the card front.
  • I die-cut a piece of black cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back, and then to the card front.  
  • I die-cut a piece of the October 31st scrapbook paper using a 3.75" x 5" stitched rectangle die, and adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back, then to the card front.  
  • I layered one of my Happy Halloween sentiments on a piece of black cardstock that I had die-cut using a stitched banner die, then a piece of black fun foam to the back, then to the card front.   
  • Lastly, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, stamped Wicked Halloween from Technique Junkies, and adhered this to the inside of my card. 

Day 12 done!  I had a lot of fun making the cards and it feels great to use up papers that have been sitting in a box.  If you have loved any or all of my Halloween cards so far, check back tomorrow for some exciting news!


I appreciate you stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know what you think of these cards - do you have a fav?  Let me know, leave a comment below.   Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Day 18 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Scary Tree Branches with Eyes | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to  Day 18 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have - yes - another Halloween card.  But - today ...