Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Day 18 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Scary Tree Branches with Eyes | Technique Junkies

 

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 18 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have - yes - another Halloween card.  But - today I am using a stamp that would not typically be used for a Halloween card but I turned it into one.   I used the Dotted Branches Background stamp for the front of my card and Spidery Halloween for the inside sentiment.  Both of these stamps are from Technique Junkies.

As soon as I saw this stamp in my stash I knew I had to make it using googly eyes on each of the dots.  I think it looks cool, is not a typical Halloween card and, by the Scrabble tiles just makes it even more unique.  

If you want to make this card or one like it, here is what I did.  This is NOT a 5-minute card.  LOL  

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base using black cardstock.  
  • I stamped the Dotted Branches Background stamp on light blue cardstock, die-cut the image using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back, and then to the card front.    
  • I stamped Spidery Halloween on a piece of white cardstock, die-cut it with the same 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, and adhered it to the inside.
  • I glued the 3 Scrabble tiles spelling out EEK on a piece of black cardstock, and then to the card front.  
  • Lastly, I glued different sized googly eyes to each of the dots on the branches on the card front.    


Day 18 done!  If you like any of the stamps I used in this post, you can save 10% on them, and the rest of the Technique Junkies website (www.techniquejunkies.com), by using my code at checkout - TJ10Michael.


Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know what you think of this card idea.  Let me know, leave a comment below.   Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 19 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Dancing Skeletons in My Closet | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to  Day 19 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. Today I have another Halloween card that I made using 3 sta...