Monday, September 9, 2024

Day 9 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Spooky Pumpkins Halloween Card | Technique Junkies

 


Hello everyone and welcome to Day 9 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Back on August 31st, I made THIS card using the Graveyard Background from Technique Junkies and I had so many people loving and commenting on that card that I had to use the same technique using Spooky Pumpkin Frame - also from Technique Junkies.  

This is the card from August 31st - 

If you would like to make this card or one like it, this is what I did: 

  • I made a top-folding A2 card using black cardstock.
  • I adhered a piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", to the inside for a message.  
  • I stamped Spooky Pumpkin Frame on white cardstock using Onyx Black Versafine Ink.  
  • I secured it to my craft mat with washi tape and added the clouds using a cloud stencil I made, a blending brush, and Lost Shadow Distress Ink
  • Then I layered the stencil on top of the first blending and blended again with some Dusty Concord Distress Ink - to give a more spooky cloud background.
  • I stamped Spidery Halloween in the lower right area using Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  If this sentiment does not tickle your fancy, there are many others to use in the Halloween section at Technique Junkies.    
  • I adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back and then to the card front.  
  • Lastly, I used a Neon Yellow Sharpie marker and colored in the pumpkins. 
Day 9 done!  You can make this card is less than 5 minutes.  Maybe 10.  Either of these background stamps work great with a cloud stencil.  If you like any of the stamps I used in this post, you can save 10% on them, and the rest of the Technique Junkies website (www.techniquejunkies.com), by using my code at checkout - TJ10Michael.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know what you think of this card and this idea.  Let me know, leave a comment below.   Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Day 18 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Scary Tree Branches with Eyes | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to  Day 18 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have - yes - another Halloween card.  But - today ...