Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Day 4 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 | Technique Junkies


Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. I have a funny story about today's cards.  I originally made these for Sketch Challenge #49 with the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Blog.  Just as I was about to upload them, my friend Debra politely informed me that they are not Christmas cards, and that I cannot use them for the challenge.  But, they are awesome cards worth sharing and I will probably make some Christmas cards using this sketch - so keep a look out for that post.  

Below is the sketch for Sketch Challenge #49 and, I made 2 cards because this sketch makes it so easy to do.
  • I made two top-folding A2 card bases using white cardstock.
  • I then die-cut 2 pieces of wine-colored cardstock using a 4.25" x 5.5" stitched rectangle die, a piece of orange water-colored cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, and a piece of scrapbook paper with fall leaves using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die. 

  • I adhered each of the wine cardstock pieces to the card fronts.
  • Then I stacked the other 2 pieces of paper on top of each other and used a kraft knife and ruler to cut on a diagonal.  

Card No. 1


  • I adhered the larger piece to the top.  I adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back of the small piece and then adhered it to the card front.   
  • To finish the card off, I stamped Leaves Turn from Technique Junkies on two pieces of white cardstock, die-cut them using a banner die, layered them on the wine cardstock, and then to the card fronts.
Card No. 2


  • I adhered a piece of fun foam to the larger piece and then to the card front.  
  • I embossed the smaller piece with an embossing folder in my stash and then I adhered it to the card front on the bottom.     
  • To finish the card off, I stamped Leaves Turn from Technique Junkies on two pieces of white cardstock, die-cut them using a banner die, layered them on the wine cardstock, and then to the card fronts.
Day 4 completed and I even got 2 cards for today!  Yay!    

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know what you think of the cards.  Do you have a fav?  I am leaning towards Card No. 2 because of the embossed paper.  Just looks nicer, I think.  Please, feel free to leave me a comment.  I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael


1 comment:

  1. Oh, such pretty Autumn cards! I know I'm ready for it to be here!

    ReplyDelete

Day 18 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Scary Tree Branches with Eyes | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to  Day 18 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have - yes - another Halloween card.  But - today ...