Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Day 10 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Spooky Cats Halloween Card | Technique Junkies

 


Hello everyone and welcome to Day 10 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have another Halloween card for you.  I used digital paper from Girl One Art on Etsy that I paired with 2 stamps from Technique Junkies - part of All About Halloween for the sentiment on the front of the card and Halloween Paintstroke for the sentiment on the inside of the card.    

If you would like to make this card or one like it, this is what I did: 

  • I made a 3.25" x 8" top-folding slimline card base by cutting a piece of black cardstock, 6.5" x 8".  I placed the short side along the top of my score tool, scored at 3.25", and burnished well.
  • I printed one of the black cat papers from the Vintage Halloween Digital Paper from Girl One Art on Etsy, and die-cut the part I wanted to use using a stitched slimline die.
  • I adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back, then to a piece of orange cardstock, then to the front of my card base.   
  • I stamped Halloween Paintstroke from Technique Junkies on a piece of white cardstock, die-cut it using a stitched slimline die, die-cut a piece of orange cardstock using another stitched slimline die, and adhered the white to the orange and then to the inside of the card. 
  • I stamped Happy Halloween on white cardstock, die-cut it using a stitched banner die, layered it on a piece of black cardstock, and then to the card front. This sentiment comes from All About Halloween.  I cut the sentiment from the main stamp to use it as a stand-alone stamp.  Easy Peasy!


To finish the card, not that this card doesn't look awesome just the way, I had to do it...I added tiny googly eyes to the largest cats.  




Day 10 done!  I had a lot of fun making the card.  I love making slimline cards and using digi papers where possible.  If you like either the stamps I used in this post, you can save 10% on them, and the rest of the Technique Junkies website (www.techniquejunkies.com), by using my code at checkout - TJ10Michael.


I appreciate you stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know what you think of this card and this idea.  Let me know, leave a comment below.   Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Day 18 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Scary Tree Branches with Eyes | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to  Day 18 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards.  Today I have - yes - another Halloween card.  But - today ...