Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - June 2022 Edition



Hello everyone and welcome to the June 2022 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  I'm really excited to share my 4 ideas this month because I only used digital papers and stamps - with an optional die here and there - and these ideas will show that you can make cards without breaking the bank.  

If you are just joining us, on the 25th of each month, the Crafty Elves - Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and myself - post {up to} 4 Christmas/Holiday card ideas.  Instead of stressing in November to make holiday cards, we make them each month so, at the end of the year, we are ready to send them out.  And we hope to inspire you to do the same.  

Links to Debra's and Lisa's projects, as well as links to all of our social media pages, are at the end of this post.
   There are even more photos of the individual cards over on my IG page too.  

Now, on to my ideas for this month.

Card Idea No. 1


For these two cards, I used the Jumbled Christmas Lights digital image from Paradise Soft Creative on Etsy.  What's great about an image like this is that it is already pre-colored and the digital file has several options - the image alone, or with the sentiment provided. 

For the card on the left:
  • I made an A2 card base using white cardstock, to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  
  • I printed the Jumbled Christmas Lights image and then I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die (optional).  
  • I adhered this to a piece of red cardstock, then to a piece of thin fun foam, and then to the card front. 
  • Lastly, I used sentiments from the Embossed Christmas Sentiments from LOTVDigiShop on Etsy.  I printed what I wanted to use, fussy cut them, and adhered them to the card front.  
For the card on the right:
  • I made an A2 card base using white cardstock, to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock.    
  • I printed the Jumbled Christmas Lights image and then I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die (optional) and adhered it to the red cardstock.  
  • I used a Merry Christmas die to cut some red cardstock and adhered it to the card front.  This is optional and you can do the same type of sentiment as in the first card. 
  • Lastly, I applied Glossy Accents to each of the lights to give a look f glass and set it aside to dry.  
Card Idea No. 2


I showed this idea last month as part of the May 2022 Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas.   The sheet of paper I used last month was really dark and really red. This time I wanted lighter.  So, I went thru my stash and a sheet called Freeze, from the Peaceful Collection by Authentique (circa, 2012). 

I won't blah, blah, blah here since I did that last month but, I followed THIS video by Maymay Made It Crafts on YouTube.  Oh, and it's all my friend Sue's fault for sending me the video!  Shout out to Sue! 
  • I made 6 A2 top-folding cards using red cardstock. 
  • Following the directions in the video, above, I cut 6 pieces and adered one to each card front.
  • I cut 6 pieces of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and adhered it to the inside of each card for a message.
  • Lastly, I printed sentiments from the Christmas Shapes set from Captured Harvest on Esty.  I trimmed them, layered them on a piece of red cardstock, and then adhered one to each card front. 
In the photo below you can see the full sheet of paper and the cards next to it that all came out of it. 


Card Idea No. 3


For these two cards, I used papers from the Christmas Traditions Junk Journal Kit from My Porch Prints on Etsy.

For the card on the left, the pinecone card:
  • I started by making my A2 card base using red cardstock.    
  • I printed the paper with the pinecone in the size I wanted and then I die cut it using an A2 stitched rectangle die (optional).  
  • I distressed the edges a bit with Vintage Photo distress ink and then I adhered it to the card front.  
  • I printed one of the sentiments, layered it on a piece of red cardstock, and adhered it to the card front.  
  • Lastly, I cut a piece of white cardstock and adhered it to the inside for a message.    
For the card on the right, the ornaments card:
  • I started by making my A2 card base using red cardstock.    
  • I printed two of the papers - one a background and the other the paper with the ornaments in the sizes I wanted.  I die cut the background paper using an A2 sized stitched rectangle die (4.25" x 5.5") and the piece with the ornaments using one size down (3.75" x 5").
  • The background piece I adhered to the card front.  The ornament piece, I adhered to a piece of red cardstock and then to the card front.      
  • I printed one of the sentiments, layered it on a piece of red cardstock, and adhered it to the card front.  
  • Lastly, I cut a piece of white cardstock and adhered it to the inside for a message.
Card Idea No. 4


I loved making these simple Christmas slimline cards also using papers from the Christmas Traditions Junk Journal Kit from My Porch Prints on Etsy.  Although I used a die for the sentiments, you can use a digital sentiment if you want.
  • I started by making my slimline card bases.  You have so many options when it comes to slimline but I made mine 3.75" x 8.75" using white cardstock.  
  • I covered each of my card fronts with a piece of red cardstock.
  • I printed one of the sheets from the Christmas Traditions and then cut two sections of the paper, 3.5" x 8.5", which I adhered to a piece of fun foam and then to the card front.
  • Lastly, I used a Merry Christmas die with red cardstock and I adhered the sentiment to the front.  You can use a digital sentiment like in some of the other cards in today's post.
And there they are - 4 quick, simple, and fun Christmas card ideas.  

I hope you can find some time to visit the other Crafty Elves also.  Debra and Lisa also have amazing card ideas for the holiday season.  

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My Facebook Page - World Of Michael Trent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

I'd love to know what you think of my card ideas.  And, until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael  

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. I like the festive Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards for your stash! I really like the fun tangled lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Jumbled Christmas lights!!! On my way to buy them!! Great cards Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Authentique papers! I love how all your cards came out. The slimlines are a big fave for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards, Michael! Love that Authentique paper!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...