Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Yes, It's a Holiday - National Camera Day

 


Hello everyone and welcome to another "Yes, It is a Holiday" or "Yes, It's a Holiday" blog post.  Today, the holiday crew - Debra, Lori, and myself, are celebrating National Camera Day, a day to celebrate the fact that photography, once so complicated and expensive, is now part of almost all of our everyday lives.  

Did you know that the word "photography" is based on two Greek words that, when put together, mean "writing with light"?  I didn't. 

As an avid photographer, I have many stamps, dies, and papers related to photography and photos and had to take part in today's holiday.  So, to help celebrate I made this fun card using a few RETIRED products from MFT Stamps/Die-Namics - Die-namics Cute Cameras 2, Die-namics Precious Polaroids, and Picture This Stamp Set.  Maybe one day they will re-release them.  

I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper from my stash.     



Then I die-cut some of the cameras from the Cute Cameras 2 set in both black cardstock and silver mirror cardstock.  Any excess pieces will be used for other projects. 


Next, I played around with the cameras until I had the look I wanted and then I adhered them to the card front.  I started with the middle camera, which I backed on to a piece of white cardstock first and then I adhered it to the center of the card using foam tape.  This way I can add a polaroid and message at the end.  



Then I adhered the other cameras and the silver pieces.  When done, I trimmed off the sides.  I also die-cut the heart from pink cardstock and adhered them inside the cameras. 


Next, I used one of the frames from Precious Polaroids to cut a piece of pink cardstock and a piece of white. 

I adhered the pink polaroid to another piece of pink cardstock to have a solid background.  Then I stamped the word smile, from the Picture This stamp set, on the inside part of the white cardstock and adhered it to the inside of the polaroid. 

I cut the polaroid on an angle and slipped it inside the middle camera gluing down the bottom part. 





Done!

If you would like to read about this holiday, just click on the link below.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-camera-day/

I hope you can find some time to check out the cards that Debra and Lori made for today's fun holiday.  Links are below to our Instagram pages.  

  

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you find some time to take some photos...even if it's with your cell phone.   

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect card for National Camera Day! I appreciate all the thought you put into making this totally cute card, Michael. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...