Monday, June 27, 2022

Yes, It's a Holiday - National Sunglasses Day

 


Hello everyone and welcome to another "Yes, It is a Holiday" card collaboration with my friends Debra and Lori.  Today we are celebrating National Sunglasses Day.  

If you want to read more about this odd and fun holiday, just click the link below.  

https://nationaltoday.com/national-sunglasses-day/

I started by scanning and printing a section of a NYC Subway map that I happen to have in my stash.  Then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the part I wanted to use and adhered it to the card front.


Next, the sunglasses.  I was having issues with this part but found a really OLD set called Cool Shades from Hero Arts in my stash.  It's so old that I bought it at Archivers and they closed in 2014.  

If you would like to recreate this card but don't have any sunglass stamps or dies, below are some stamps/dies that are available for you to buy if you so wish to do. 

Spectacular Adventures Stamp/Die Bundle - Altenew

Shades of Summer - Taylored Expressions

Stay Cool - My Favorite Things


I stamped the glasses with the stripes in black ink and colored it with a yellow marker and I used the die to cut a piece of silver mirror cardstock.


I fussy cut the inside and outside of the glasses and adhered them to the silver mirror cardstock.  Then I applied Diamond Glaze to the inside of the glasses on top of the mirror cardstock and set it aside to dry.



Once it was dry and clear, I adhered it to the card front using foam tape.  Then I adhered one of the sentiment quotes from Tim Holtz. 


Done!

I hope you can find some time to check out the cards that Debra and Lori made for today's fun holiday.  Links are below to our Instagram pages.    


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you find some time to stretch your body and relax your mind.  Since I can't seem to achieve that, I will just enjoy my evening with a nice glass of wine.  

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...