Friday, June 3, 2022

LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2022 Week 1 - Let Love Shine - Collaboration with Misty and Debra

 


Hello Hello Hello as RuPaul loves to say as he enters the werkroom.  Welcome to LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2022. To celebrate, this year I am collaborating with Misty aka The Jolly Fat Elf, and my friend Debra of Meticulosity,  each Friday in June.  Both are huge supporters and allies of the LGBTQ+ community (thank you, Misty & Debra) and I am...well...gay.  LOL

We will be posting on all or some of our social media pages, links to which can be found at the end of this post.  This week we all used stickers from Paper House Productions and there is a discount code at the end of this post that you can use to get a 15% on their site.

I think it's really important to celebrate this month - even though the LGBTQ+ community has made many strides, the amount of hatred brewing against the LGBTQ+ community is getting worse.  And it needs to stop.  I don't understand hatred of any kind.

Off my soapbox and on to my card for week 1.

I started by making a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock.   Then I used some rainbow washi tape that I got here and ran the colors across a piece of yellow watercolor(ish) paper from my stash.


Next, I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the yellow paper.  I adhered the washi tape first so that the stitching would go thru the tape too.  

Next, I adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back of the yellow/washi tape piece and then I adhered this to the card front.  

Lastly, I used one of the stickers from the 3D Let Love Shine sticker collection from Paper House Productions. I chose the “Let Love Shine” sticker because it really popped on the washi tape. 



And that's it for my card for this week.  I hope y'all can find some time to visit Misty's and Debra's pages and show them some love too.  

Below is Misty's card, which you can find here on her YouTube Channel.  


Below is Debra's card for this week and you can find her over on her IG page HERE.  Also...Debra is a Brand Ambassador for Paper House and they have allowed us to offer you guys her discount.  Go to the Paper House Productions website and enter the code "Debra22" at checkout to receive a 15% discount.  Please be aware that Debra "might" earn a small commission on your purchases.  


Below are all of our pages if you want to come over and pay us a visit.  And, if you do, thanks!

Misty's Links

The Jolly Fat Elf on Facebook

The Jolly Fat Elf on Instagram

The Jolly Fat Elf on YouTube

Debra's Links

Debra on Instagram - djdavison814

Debra's Blog - Meticulosity

My Links

The World of Michael Trent on Instagram

The World of Michael Trent on Facebook

The World of Michael Trent on YouTube

Until next time, hugs from Brasil.  

~Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...