Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Yes, It's A Holiday - International Yoga Day

 


Hello everyone and welcome to another "Yes, It is a Holiday" or "Yes, It's a Holiday" blog post.  Today, the holiday crew - Debra, Lori, and myself, are celebrating International Yoga Day.  

Did you know that yoga is an ancient practice that started in India 5,000 years ago?  It's a way to interconnect the mind, body, and soul.  There are also specific colors for yoga.  Blue, purple, green, yellow, pink, and white prompt calming and soothing feelings.  Yellow, blushing pink, and white create a peaceful environment while also infusing energy into a room.  

As for the word "namaste" - if you take a yoga class in the US, the teacher will probably use the word namaste, which means "I bow to you" in Sanskrit.  

To read more about this holiday, just click below -

https://nationaltoday.com/international-yoga-day/

To help celebrate I made this quick card using the Large Mandala (BR1801) from Anthony's Paper Craft along with the word "namaste" that I created on the computer (more on that, below).

I started by stamping the Large Mandala on white cardstock using Versamark Ink and embossing it with Black Sparkle embossing powder by Ranger.  Then I fussy cut the image. 

Next, I colored it in with some watercolor brush markers by BIC.  


The mandala measures 5" wide so I made a top-folding card 5.5" x 5.5", adhered a piece of purple cardstock to the front, and then a piece of decorative paper on top of that. 

For the word "namaste", I printed the word on a piece of white cardstock in the font and size I wanted.  Then I scanned it as a data file using my Scan N Cut and then cut the words out of white cardstock.



I glued 3 of the words together and then I heat embossed it with a Glacier White embossing powder from my stash.  Once it was good to handle, I adhered it to the center of the card. 


I hope you can find some time to check out the cards that Debra and Lori made for today's fun holiday.  Links are below to our Instagram pages.    


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you find some time to stretch your body and relax your mind.  Since I can't seem to achieve that, I will just enjoy my evening with a nice glass of wine.  

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...