Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Happy LGBTQA+ Pride Month 2022 - Let's Shake Our Booties!

 



Hello everyone.  Today kicks off Pride Month 2022 and I felt like celebrating by making some Pride shaker cards.  If I can't shake my booty at a pride parade, my cards are gonna have to do do some shakin for me here on my blog. LOL. 

Also, each Friday during the month of June, I will be doing a card collaboration with my friends Misty, The Jolly Fat Elf, and Debra, of Meticulosity.  Although they are not part of the LGBTQA+ community, they are allies and supporters and we are each going to make cards to help celebrate Pride month.  I hope you'll check back each Friday to see what we have come up with.

Before I get to my shaker cards, I want to give a shout out to Paper House Productions.  They have two pages of stickers, under their "this is US" line, which celebrates the things that make us different - diversity, equality, pride, love, self care and empowerment. Kuddos to them!!  

My friend Debra is a Brand Ambassador for Paper House and I recently picked up the stickers below.  I will be using these for my cards each Friday this month. Actually, I think the 3 of us will be using these stickers. So I hope you will pop back to see what we create. 


Now, on to my shaker cards, which are really simple to make.  A bit time-consuming with all the foam tape on the back but, other than that, kinda fast and easy.  

I started by printing these Rainbow Brush Strokes, from Digital Curio on Etsy, on white cardstock and then cutting each of them using a stitched rectangle die.  

Then I used the Outline Letters Alphabet Set from Creek Bank Creations, lined up the words backward,  secured them with some painter's tape, and die cut them.  I also kept the inside of certain letters to use later.



I adhered a piece of acetate behind each piece, turned them over,  and glued the small pieces to the P, R, D, and A on each card, on the acetate.


Finding thicker foam tape here is an issue.  So I used some foam weather stripping that I was able to find. Go figure.  Only 1 side has adhesive so I will have to use glue for the other side.  Not a prob.  I cut pieces of the foam stripping to go around the back and around the letters forming areas for the seed beads to go.


Before adding my shaker elements or seed beads, I made
two A2 card bases using white cardstock, and then I adhered a piece of yellow paper to one and light pink to the other.  I didn't want a stark white base behind the shaker elements and the letters. 


Next, I turned the cards over and added different colored seed beads, small sequins, and microbeads to each of the letter cavities. 
 


Then I put glue on the foam tape and then adhered each of the card fronts to the words.  Using glue allows me some wiggle room when I flip the cards over to make sure I have them centered correctly.  If I used just tape, I would not have this ability.  



Because I used glue, I did place something on top for a few minutes to let the glue adhere and dry. 

Done!



I'd love to know what you think of the cards.  And I hope you will check back to see what else I come up with for pride.  Are you celebrating in any way?  Let me know!

Until next time - hugs from Brasil.  

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Happy pride month! I am looking forward to the parade-one of the best in NYC! I am a proud FOG. Nice cards! I picked up the staggered block Pride die from CZ designs specifically to make shakers! lol.....I saw there is a lower case script w a shadow at Kindred. I am so pleased to be seeing dedicated product now! yay!!! Thank you for showing us the foam thing. Very organized. I probably would have gone with cutting my foam in half to make it narrow and flexible to go around the letters. This looks much more stable. Best Margot

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...