Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Flag Day Card / Independence Day Card / July 4th Card / Happy Birthday USA Card with Polka Dot Orchard

 


Hey everyone and Happy Flag Day.  I remember being in elementary school and this holiday being a big day. We all learned about the flag and the importance of respecting it.  Nowadays...well...a different story. 

I love this digital set from Polka Dot Orchard called Stand Up For America and the two sneakers are perfect for making a quick card for Flag Day, Independence Day, a July 4th invitation to a bbq, or just a birthday card for the good ole US of A.    

I started by printing two of the sneaker images from the Stand Up For America set on a piece of white cardstock.  The 2nd will be used for another card idea.  I also printed one of the papers from the "4th of July Digital Paper Set" that I bought from Bella Creative Design on Etsy.  And I made a top folding slimline card base from white cardstock, 4" x 9".

Then I adhered the red, white, and blue design to my card front. 

Using the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio, I cut a piece of red cardstock using the larger stitched die, and the image using the larger plain die.  

If you do not own these dies, you can just cut a piece of red cardstock, 3 5/8" x 8 5/8", and you can trim the image, 3.25" x 8.25".


Using red, blue, black, and yellow brush markers from BIC, I colored in the sneakers.  Then I adhered the sneakers to the red cardstock, and then to the card front. 


Lastly, I printed the sentiment "God Bless America" at 20% on white cardstock, which I adhered to a piece of red cardstock and then to the card front using small foam squares to the upper corner. 


Done!  Ok, I know, a card for Flag Day is silly but this is a great card for July 4th.  No?  Let me know, and leave a comment below.  Anyway, I hope you love it.  I have a few more ideas coming.  I hope you will add my blog to your reader so you will be notified when new posts are up.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...