Monday, June 20, 2022

LGBTQIA+ Pride Month 2022 - NYC Pride Parade Card


Hello everyone.  Hope your June is going well so far.  We have had some freakin cold nights here but 3 blankets, while we sleep, help a lot.  We wake up to 33F to 35F but it goes into the 80s during the day and then cold again at night.  Hopefully, this cold front will end soon.  

Today, while making a card for an upcoming blog post, I screwed up.  So I decided to use my mistake to make a card for today.  Since it's Pride Month and my project includes the NYC subway map, I thought I would make a quick card in honor of the NYC Pride Parade that will happen on Sunday, June 26th.  

If you should need any info about the parade, just click HERE to be taken to their official website. 

I started by making a top folding A2 card base.  Then I printed one of the designs from these rainbow papers I bought from Best Graphics Online on Etsy and I die-cut part of it using an A2 stitched rectangle die from Pink & Main.  I also used a smaller die from the same set to cut part of the NYC subway map, which I adhered to a piece of Pink Mirri cardstock from Anthony's Paper Craft


Next, I used a VERY OLD stamp/die set called Cool Shades from Hero Arts (long retired).  I used the die to cut a piece of the same pink mirri cardstock and I stamped the glasses with the stripes on a piece of hot pink cardstock.  I fussy cut the stamped image and removed the inside portion too.  Adhered it to the Pink Mirri cardstock and then applied Diamond Glaze to the inside and set it aside to dry.  


Once dry, I put the card together.  Rainbow paper adhered to the card front, then the map on the Pink Mirri cardstock to the rainbow paper.  


Then I adhered the sunglasses with foam tape, a quote chip from Tim Holtz, and a sticker from Paper House Productions.


I hope you like this quick idea.  To be honest, this card using a map could be made for almost any city you have a map for.  Just add sunglasses and a quote or sentiment and you are done.  

If you are going to Pride, please be careful and safe.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the BEST pride cards I have ever seen!! I love it! Just oozes fun! BTW-Simon Says has the CZ Pride die on a terrific discount right now...I snatched it. I think it could make a good shaker. Happy Pride! Margot NYC

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...