Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - May 2022 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the May 2022 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas. 

If you are just joining us, on the 25th of each month, the Crafty Elves - Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and myself - post {up to} 4 Christmas/Holiday card ideas.  Instead of stressing in November to make holiday cards, we make them each month so, at the end of the year, we are ready to send them out.  And we hope to inspire you to do the same.  

Links to Debra's and Lisa's projects, as well as links to all of our social media pages, are at the end of this post.
    

Now, on to my ideas for this month.

Card Idea No. 1

So, let’s talk about this set of 6 cards.  I had to make these after watching THIS video from the Maymay Made It Crafts YouTube channel and I know y’all know who Maymay is.  

Check out her video above for a more detailed explanation but, basically, you take a piece of 12” x 12” cardstock and just cut it into 4” x 5.25” pieces, layer them on a card front, add a sentiment and you are done.  

  • I went thru my stash and found a piece of Christmas cardstock from a brasilian company.  
  • Without looking, I cut it into 6 - 4” x 5.25” pieces.
  • I made 6 top-folding A2 cards out of red cardstock and adhered each of the pieces to each card front.  
  • For my sentiments, I printed THIS digital sentiment sheet from the LOTV Digital Store on Etsy, cut out the sentiments I wanted to use and adhered them to the card fronts. 

One sheet of paper, 6 Christmas cards.  I love this idea.


Card Idea No. 2

These two 3D Panoramic Panel Tower cards also came from watching THIS video from the Iced Images channel on YouTube.  Hey, the only way to learn is to watch and make.  

If you want to make these cards I suggest just watching the video.  It’s super simple and is really fast to make.  

I love that they fold into a 6” square envelope too.



Card Idea No. 3

Another super fast and simple card to make.  I used THIS Christmas Wreath digi from Lee Holland Art on Etsy.

  • I started by printing the image on white cardstock and then cutting it out using a stitched rectangle die.
  • I colored it in using some Ultra Fine Tip BIC Intensity markers and then layered it on a piece of red cardstock.  
  • I made a top-folding card, adhered a piece of decorative Christmas paper to the front and then the image.
  • Lastly, I printed a sentiment - from the same sheet as Card No. 1 above.  Layered it on red cardstock and adhered it to the card front. 
Card Idea No. 4


I was holding this piece of 12” x 12” paper and thought that these would be adorable holiday notecards for presents or maybe a platter of food.  And now they are!

  • I made some card bases - (1) 4.25” x 4.25”, (2) 4” x 4”, and (1) 3.75” x 3.75”.  
  • Next, using a piece of decorative Christmas paper and a stitched square die, I cut pieces to fit on the front of each card.
  • I adhered the papers and then I printed, cut and adhered sentiments to the front of each of the cards.  
 
And there they are - 4 quick, simple, and fun Christmas card ideas.  

I hope you can find some time to visit the other Crafty Elves also.  Debra and Lisa also have amazing card ideas for the holiday season.  

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My Facebook Page - World Of Michael Trent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

I'd love to know what you think of my card ideas.  And, until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

3 comments:

  1. Lots of great cards! I know I have 12x12 papers (& 8.5x11) that would be good to try this technique. And I love the 3D cards - how FUN!! Definitely have to try that technique. Love all of your awesome & fun cards. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards--very creative. I love Maymay too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I especially love the 3D cards!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...