Thursday, May 14, 2020

Unicorns Have Birthdays Too...



Hello everyone!  How is everyone doing?  We are still under quarantine here...blah, blah, blah...our numbers in this country are going up...blah, blah, blah...not everyone is doing what they should...blah, blah, blah...so I continue to make cards, mini albums, cakes, and bread.  I've even sold a few of the cakes and bread!    

Today's Design Team project is for Challenge No. 142 on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog and it's all about unicorns!  Who doesn't love a unicorn?   If you wish to play along with us, which i hope you do, below is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their projects.  
  


For my card -  

  • I started by printing one of the unicorn images from the Birthday Unicorn Set 2 from Bugaboo Stamps and then die cutting it with a stitched rectangle die.
  • I made a top folding A2 card using white cardstock and then I adhered a piece of decorative paper to the front.
  • I colored the image using a Copic for the unicorn and BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers for the rest and I stamped "Happy Birthday" from a retired set from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.
  • I adhered this to the card front and, lastly, applied Stickles (Ranger) to the horn and eyes, and some Glossy Accents on the balloon to make it shine.

Here's a close up of the balloon and unicorn.  


And the final card again.


It's a pretty simple card to make.  Feel free to leave a comment below.  I'd love to know what you think of the card.  If you take part in the challenge, please let me know so I can go and check out your creation! 

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Remember, you can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE with photos of my crafty stuff, dogs, food, Brasil...normal stuff.  

Stay safe everyone and until next time, hugs from Brasil - 


~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...