Friday, May 22, 2020

Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop - Day 1 - A Cup of Cheer


Hello everyone!!  TGIF!  Well, it's that time of the year again.  The Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop!  And I am really hoping to get a card made for each day.  And I hope you hop along with me. 

There are A LOT of prizes to be won...73 Super Sponsors!  You can check out all the info over at coffeelovingcardmakers.com.


I am on the Design Team for one of the Super Sponsors - Anthony's Paper Craft.





He also has 4 coffee-themed card kits for prizes (see photo below) as well as 25% off his whole site if you use the code COFFEELOVER at checkout.  The sale runs during the whole hop - until 11:59pm on May 29, 2020. 




I am trying to use my stash during these crazy times.  I started to organize and it's crazy how many stamp sets and dies I own that have never been used.  For today's card, I am using the "Cups and Succulents" set from Simon Says Stamp.  Sadly, it's retired but they have other succulent stamps you could use.  

I started by stamping my pots on to a piece of white cardstock.  To make sure I got the succulents perfectly placed on top of the pots, I used a stamp positioner with Jet Black Amalgam Ink from Gina K. Designs and stamped the various succulents.  Then I put them in my Scan N Cut by Brother and had the machine cut them out with a slight border.  


I colored the pots/cups and succulents with Twinkling H2Os, something I have not used in forever.  On the succulents, I used Celadon and Summer Breeze and Plum Blossom on the flower.  For the pots/cups, I used Plum Blossom, Chiffon Pink, and Mango Freeze.

I also made a top folding A2 card base.  On each side I adhered a piece of washi tape.  Then I cut another piece of the white cardstock, 3.5" x 5.5".


I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back of the 3.5" x 5.5" piece of white cardstock and then I adhered this to the card front.  I temporarily arranged the cups where I wanted them so that I could stamp the sentiments - "a cup of cheer just for you".  Then I adhered the cups where I wanted them.  


All I need to do now is write a message and get this card into an envelope to someone.

I'm also going to enter this card into two card challenges going on - 

https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html

http://crafterscastle.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-challenge-29-april-winner.html
I hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you participate in the coffee hop.  All you need to do is leave comments.  Super easy.  I'll be back tomorrow with another coffee themed card.  Until then...

~Hugs from Brasil

Michael

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Michael, I love it.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute design. I have these stamps sitting here in front of me waiting for inspiration, thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Those succulent cups are SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...