Friday, May 15, 2020

Hello Spring Flowers Part 2...



Hello everyone.  Yesterday I made a card using a set called Best Buds from Paper Smooches, which you can see HERE.  I made the card for a challenge blog but then I ended up making a few more that I wanted to share here.  This is such a fun easy stamp set to use.

And, there is a back story of sorts to this set. 

My friend Sue was telling me about a stamp set that she owned but could not find in her stash.  (She and I seem to have the same problems).  So, when Paper Smooches ran a sale a few weeks later she bought it.  Again.  I finally asked her what set it was and she told me "Best Buds".  When I checked the site I had to laugh.  Not only did I own it, but it had never been used.  I could have sent it to her.  The good news is, she now has her own AND she found the first one.  So she owns two.  If anyone is interested in buying the other one from her just let me know and I will put you in touch with her.     

Here are the three other cards I made using Best Buds.    

Card No. 1


I made a top folding A2 card of white cardstock. Then I ran a strip of washi tape along each of the long sides.  I cut a piece of white cardstock, 3.5" x 5.5", stamped the image in the center, then the sentiment, then I colored it in using Prismamarkers and then added some Stickles on the leaves and the center of each flower.  

Card No. 2 


I started by stamping the images on to a piece of white cardstock and then using my Scan N Cut (Brother) to cut them out.  I colored in the images using some Prismamarkers.  To get the look of glass, I put some Glossy Accents on the jar and some Stickles (Ranger) on the flowers and leaves and set it aside to dry.  

I used a retired pad called Valentine from Recollections for the card.  I adhered a piece of decorative paper to the card front and then I cut another piece using the Stitched Journaling Card die (Lawn Fawn), which I adhered to the center.  Then I glued down the jar with the flowers and, finally, used some foam tape behind the banner and adhered this over the jar.    


Card No. 3


I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock with a double stitched die.  Then I placed it in my Misti and stamped the corner flower in two of the corners along with the "i love you" sentiment in the center and colored them with BIC markers.

On another piece of scrap cardstock, I stamped the flower twice and then cut out the center.   I colored this in, put foam tape on the back and adhered it to the center of the flowers.   

I adhered the white cardstock to a piece of black cardstock, which I then adhered to the center of my card front.  I used yellow and green stickles on the leaves and center of the flowers and Wink of Stella Clear on the red part.  The last thing I did was to adhere crystals to the centers of the flowers and 3 red crystals to the card front.

I'd love to know which one you like the best! 

I've decided to enter one of these cards into the following card challenge blogs.  



http://crafterscastle.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-challenge-29-april-winner.html

https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html

https://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2020/05/challenge-134-spring-flowers.html
I hope you enjoyed these cards.  I had fun making them.  It feels great to have come up with 4 ideas for one stamp set.  I'd love to know which card you like the best.  Feel free to leave a comment below!!  

Stay safe...keep your hands clean...wear your mask...and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I enjoyed your cards. They are very eye catching. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Challenge Blog ~Tracy, DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...