Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop - Day 5 - Using Sentiments For Cards



Hello everyone and welcome to Day 5 of the Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.  





Today I want to talk about something that is overlooked with many digital stamp sets - the sentiments.  Sentiments are not just for the inside of a card.  Let me show you what I mean.

For all these cards I used the Coffee Lovers Digital Paper Pack by Graciellie Designs, one of the coolest paper packs out there, and for the sentiments, I used 3 digital stamp sets from Polka Dot Orchard.

I started by making 3 top folding A2 cards using white cardstock to which I adhered a different paper, from the Coffee Lovers Digital Paper Pack to the front of each card.

For this card - 


I used a sentiment from the Happiness In A Cup digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard.  I printed out the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock. Then I die cut it using a double-stitched rectangle die, adhered it to a piece of the same light blue cardstock I used for the card base, adhered it to a piece of white fun foam, and then adhered it to the card front.  Lastly, I added some dark blue crystals that I had in my stash.

If you need more inspiration for this set, you can check out a card I made using the image, HERE.

For this card - 


I used one of the sentiments from the Gnome Talkie Before Coffee digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard.  I printed out the sentiment on to a piece of white cardstock, cut it out using a double-stitched rectangle die, layered it on white fun foam, and then adhered it to the card front.  Lastly, I added some light blue dew drops that I had in my stash.

For this card - 


I used one of the sentiments from the Flowers In Bloom digital stamp set from Polka Dot OrchardI printed out the sentiment on to a piece of white cardstock and then die cut it using a double-stitched rectangle die.  Then I adhered it to a piece of dark brown cardstock, then to a piece of fun foam, and then to the card front. Lastly, I added some light and dark sequins that I had in my stash.

I hope you've enjoyed these cards and that it inspires you to look at the sentiments in some of your digital stamp sets.  I also hope you are participating in the coffee hop since there are a lot of prizes to be won. I'll be back tomorrow with another coffee themed card.  Until then...

~Hugs from Brasil

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...