Thursday, May 28, 2020

Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop - Day 7 - Graciellie Design Coffee Card Ideas



Hello everyone and welcome to Day 7 of the Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.  




Today I am back with some more ideas on how to use just a sentiment on your card front.  I really believe that sentiments, especially in many digital stamp sets, go unloved.  The cool thing about digital stamps is they can be printed in any size you want. And, sometimes, you just don't want to pull out the watercolors or the markers and want an easy peasy card. 

Let me show you! 

All of the papers and stamps used for these cards are from Graciellie Design.  The first thing I did was to print each of the papers from the Coffee Lovers Digital Paper Pack.  You get 13 designs and, again, you can print them in any size you want.  For these cards, I printed two of each design on an A4 sheet of cardstock.  They print 5.75" x 5.75" so they are even perfect for a small mini-album. 

I also went thru the digital stamp sets I own to look at all the sentiments.  Then I printed the ones I wanted to use all on another sheet of A4 white cardstock.  I also pulled out some of the dies I would use.


For my first card -

 
  • I made a top folding A2 card base to which I adhered one of the papers.  
  • Using a double stitched rectangle die, I die cut the sentiment "sending extra caffeinated wishes", which is from the Coffee & Flowers Digital Stamp set.  
  • I layered the sentiment on a piece of dark blue cardstock, just to give a slight border, and then I adhered this to the card front.  
  • Lastly, I adhered 3 small crystals to the card front.
For my second card -


  • I started with a top folding A2 card base of dark brown cardstock.  
  • Then I used a stitched rectangle die to die cut the paper with the donuts on it and a piece of white cardstock to be used inside the card.  
  • I adhered the donut paper to a piece of fun foam which I then adhered to the card front.  
  • Then I die cut the sentiment "HELLO beautiful" from the Hey Lovely Digital Stamp Set using a rectangle die, which I adhered to a piece of the same brown cardstock and then to the card front.
  • I wanted a little shimmer on the card so I ran Glam Pink Stickles (Ranger) over the icing on the donuts and then added 3 small round sequins to the card front since they look like donuts too.  

For my third card - 



  • I made a 5.5" square card base and adhered a piece of the decorative paper to it.  I used the image of all the coffee cups with the heart in the center.
  • I used a stitched square die to cut the sentiment "Sending A Cozy Hello" from the Coffee & Love Digital Stamp Set and then I used the next size up to die cut a piece of dark brown cardstock.
  • I adhered the sentiment to the brown cardstock and then to the card front. 
  • Lastly, I adhered 3 small coffee beans using Glossy Accents to two of the corners as an accent.


I really hope you enjoyed these card ideas of using just a sentiment and a piece of decorative coffee themed paper for the card.  I have many more ideas and might have to do another post or two. 

I also hope you are participating in the coffee hop.  All you need to do is leave comments.  It ends tomorrow.  I'll be back tomorrow with another coffee themed card or project.  Until then...

~Hugs from Brasil

Michael

5 comments:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...