Thursday, May 14, 2020

Hello Spring Flowers...



Hello everyone.  As my peeps in the USA enjoy spring, flowers popping up, and warmer weather coming their way, here in Brasil we are in fall and heading into winter.  But the weather here is still nice and we even got some flowers from the garden center to plant.  

There are a few challenge blogs with either a flower or "anything goes" theme that I will be entering this into.  


http://crafterscastle.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-challenge-29-april-winner.html

https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html

https://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2020/05/challenge-134-spring-flowers.html

I am using a stamp set called Best Buds from Paper Smooches that I have owned for at least 2 years but it has never been used.  Until today!  

These are the supplies I used in making this card. 


I adhered a piece of pink cardstock to my card base. Next, I pulled out my Big shot and used a double-stitched die to cut a piece of decorative paper from Botanical by Prima Marketing (several years old). Using the same pink cardstock, I cut 4 of the Little Luxe Hello die (retired/Poppy Stamps).   


I adhered the decorative paper to the pink cardstock and the 4 "hellos" together.  I stamped one of the corner flower images from the Best Buds set and colored it with Yellow Blaze, Pink Flamingo, Margarita Green, and Key Lime BIC Intensity markers.


I adhered the flower to the card front with foam tape and the hello next to it.  Lastly, I applied glossy accents to the flower to give a shiny effect and some Firefly Stickles (Ranger) to the lighter green leaves.  And a few clear dots on the front.  


Done!  I am really loving this set and have no idea why it took me so long to put ink to it.  I have 2 or 3 more card ideas which will be a blog post tomorrow. 

I hope you enjoyed this card and hope you will stop back tomorrow.  Stay safe, wash your hands, wear a mask and...until tomorrow...


Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely. I love the settle background and the pop of color with the flower. Thank you for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad that you got to use the stamp, Best Buds is one of my fave stamp sets ever. I love the subtle background, allowing that pretty flower to shine. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Michael, always good to see you in our gallery. I love your subtle background and perfect little stitched details. A lovely ground for that bright flower. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Michael! So happy to see you in the gallery with this bright cheerful card--anyone would love to get this "hello" in their mailbox! The background is my favorite part, though! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...