Sunday, May 24, 2020

Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop - Day 3 - Thankful For You Every Day



Hello everyone and welcome to Day 3 of the Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.  Today I am working with a beautiful stamp set called Happiness In A Cup from Polka Dot Orchard.     





I'm also going to enter this card in two card challenges - 


https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html


http://crafterscastle.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-challenge-29-april-winner.html

I started by printing the image of the flowers in the coffee cup twice.  I used my Scan N Cut by Brother to cut one of the images and I colored the image using BIC Intensity Markers - both the Ultra Fine Tip and the Fine Tip.   I also made a top-folding A2 card base to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper from my stash (Botanical by Prima Marketing #842130/Retired).




With the 2nd image, I fussy cut the 4 flowers and colored them using the same markers.  I also printed the sentiment "Thankful for YOU every day" at 40% on to white cardstock and die cut it using a stitched rectangle die.  This will be the inside of the card. 


I adhered the first, fully colored image to my card front and the sentiment to the inside.  I have to admit, I should have cut the white part where the cup handle is but I can't do anything about it now. 



I adhered the flowers with foam tape and used Yellow Stickles (Ranger) on the petals and Orange Flower-Soft in the center of the flowers. Flower-Soft it seems is no longer being made, which shows how long I have been crafting!  LOL  And, lastly, 3 yellow Robin's Nest Dew Drops that I had in my stash.


I hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you are taking part in the coffee hop or the card challenges above.  I will be back tomorrow with another coffee card and the next edition of the Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas.

Stay safe and, until then - 

Hugs from Brasil -

Michael

8 comments:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...