Monday, May 25, 2020

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - May 2020 Edition



Hello everyone and welcome to the May 2020 Edition of the Crafty Elves Countdown to Chrismas.  I hope everyone is doing okay...staying safe...wearing masks...keeping sane. The elves,  (DebraLisaJessica, and myself), have a Special Crafty Elf joining us this month - Amy Tsuruta.  You might know her blog, Tsuruta Designs, or from Coffee Loving Cardmakers or from Facebook, Coffee Loving Papercrafters.   

Now, on to my 4 Crafty Elf cards for May.  Links to the other Crafty Elves' cards are at the end of this post.

Card No. 1 



Today also happens to be during the Spring|Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop so I had to make a coffee-themed Christmas card!  


  • I started with a top folding A2 card to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock.  Then a piece of decorative holiday paper that I cut with a stitched rectangle die.  
  • Using the Cozy Mugs set from Memory Box, I cut the middle-sized mug out of decorative paper and adhered it to the card front with foam tape.  
  • I then stamped the Poinsettia image from Anthony's Paper Craft on to white cardstock, cut it with my Scan N Cut, colored it using Copic markers, and adhered it to the card front using foam tape.
  • I die cut a banner die and stamped "Merry Christmas" from the Christmas Sentiments 1 set, also from Anthony's Paper Craft, and adhered this to the card front covering part of the mug.
  • Lastly, I adhered 3 small red crystals to the card front and some Yellow Stickles too the center of the poinsettia.  

Card No. 2



Nothing makes me happier than a stamp with whimsical birds on a branch.  I used the Tweet Kindness stamp from Your Next Stamp. There are several sentiments in the set and you can pop out a bunch of cards in an hour.  


  • I started with a top folding A2 white card base to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  
  • I used a stitched rectangle die set to cut two pieces of cardstock, one in red and the other in white.  The red I adhered to the center of the card.
  • I stamped my image and a sentiment on the white cardstock and colored it in with BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers.
  • Lastly, I added some Firefly, True Blue, and Red Stickles (Ranger) to the berries, leaves, scarf, and the hat.
Card No. 3




I am in love with this card.  It's not for everyone but I think this image, "Face In Fir" from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, is very cool.  
  • I stamped the image on to a piece of white cardstock using Vintage Green ink from Clearsnap and embossed with clear embossing powder. Sadly, Clearsnap has gone out of business but you can use any Christmas green you have.  
  • I trimmed the image and adhered a piece of red fun foam under it and then to a piece of red cardstock.  
  • I made a 5.5" square card base to which I adhered a piece of decorative Christmas paper. Then I adhered the image piece to the center. Since the paper already had a "Tis The Season" on it, I did not add any sentiment to the card front.   
Card No. 4


This card has been burning a hole in my head to get done!  I had to make a slimline type of card to fit the two images together and it will fit nicely in a No. 9 envelope. 


  • I made a white card base, 7.25" x 8 5/8", and scored in the center and adhered a piece of red cardstock to the front of the card. 
  • I cut a piece of cream cardstock, 3 3/8" x 8.25" and I stamped the Pinecones with Branch at the top of the cardstock.  Then I stamped the Round Ornament so it was hanging off the branch.  Both of these images are from Anthony's Paper Craft.
  • Using my BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers, I colored in the images.  Then I adhered this to a piece of red fun foam.  Then I adhered it to the card front.
  • To add some shimmer to the card front, I used Firefly Stickles on the fir branches and Frosted Lace Stickles on the pinecones.  Just lightly.
  • Lastly, I adhered tiny crystals to the chain and in various places on the ornament itself.  And I applied some Clear Wink of Stella to the bow. 

I hope these cards have inspired you to start making some holiday cards if you have yet to start.  Even though some areas are re-opening, most of us probably have a lot of time on our hands right now.  I know I do!

Please remember to check out what the other Crafty Elves have up their sleeves this month - 




I'd love to know which of my projects was your favorite!  As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  You can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE!

Until next month, hugs from Brasil - 


~Michael

5 comments:

  1. Michael, I love all of these, especially the poinsettia in the mug...perfect!
    Thanks for letting me play with you all this month, I had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous! I Love them! The mug is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards!! I love poinsettias... and it’s ina mug!! Makes my coffee loving heart so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! I especially love #1 with the pretty poinsettia in a mug! Pretty paper choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You've got all kinds of goodness here! You have adorable, beautiful, cool and.. well... coffee! Love your offerings this month!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...