Thursday, May 28, 2020

For The Best Dad I Ever Saw...



Hello everyone!  How are y'all doing?  If you don't already know this, I live in the countryside of Sao Paulo, Brasil, where Covid-19 is now the worst in the world.  Just to let you know, we are fine, have food, flour, yeast, meat, and even toilet paper.  Other than going to the supermarket, we are staying indoors where the 7 dogs keep me busy.      

Today's Design Team project is for Challenge No. 143 on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog and it's all about tools.  If you wish to play along with us, which I hope you do, below is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their projects.  



When I see a toolbox I immediately think of my dad. When I was growing up we lived in a house without a finished basement and I remember working with him to finish it.  Sheetrock, spackle, nails, and his toolbox.  Happy to say that I now own many of his tools.   And nothing makes me happier than going into a home improvement store.  

I used Best Dad from Vera Lane Studio on Etsy along with some other materials.  I am using 3 sheets from Sugar Rush paper pad from Basic Grey, a double stitched rectangle die set, some BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers, and some glossy accents. 

I printed the dad and his toolbox, along with the sentiment, on white cardstock and die cut them with a double stitched rectangle die.   I then printed him again using pieces of the designer papers for his shirt and jeans and fussy cut the images.  





  • I adhered a piece of the paper to the card front and the sentiment to the inside of the card.  
  • Then I layered the image on to a piece of black cardstock and adhered this to the card front.  
  • I colored in the images and glued down the shirt and jeans.  
  • It was looking a little naked so I printed the sentiment "To The Best Dad I Ever Saw" on to white cardstock, cut it out with a rectangle die, and adhered it to the card front using foam tape.
  • Lastly, I applied glossy accents on the glasses and the level so they would look like glass.




I'm really happy with how this card came out.  Very easy to make and I loved paper piecing, something I hardly ever do.  

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Remember, you can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE with photos of my crafty stuff, dogs, food, Brasil...normal stuff.  

Stay safe everyone and until next time, hugs from Brasil - 


~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...