Saturday, May 23, 2020

Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop - Day 2 - Homemade Coffee Backgrounds



Hello everyone and welcome to day 2 of the 
Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop!  




Today's card is an idea that I have had in my head for some time now...to make large backgrounds using some smaller coffee images from Coffee 2 from Anthony's Paper Craft.  And today I got to play and I really love how they turned out. 

For both cards, I started by making a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  Then I adhered a piece of decorative paper to the front of each one.  

For the first card, I die cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  Then I randomly stamped the "to go" cup from Coffee 2.  I colored all the cups using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers, adhered a piece of fun foam to the back and then I adhered this to the card front.  Lastly, I stamped "coffee" from the set several times, used my Scan N Cut to cut the words out, glued them together and adhered it to the card front with a sticker that says "there is no real substitute" under the word Coffee. 


  
For my second card, I basically did the same as the first card but I stamped the ceramic mug around the white cardstock instead of the "to go" cup.  After coloring the mugs,  I applied Glossy Accents to the mugs so that they really looked like ceramic.  Once dry, I adhered the Coffee sentiment to the card front with another sticker that says "you make my world happy".  LOL




I have one more idea but that will have to wait for another time. 

I'm also going to enter these cards into two card challenges going on - 


https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html

http://crafterscastle.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-challenge-29-april-winner.html

I hope you enjoyed these ideas to make your own coffee backgrounds.  And I hope you are taking part in the Coffee Hop.  There are a lot of prizes to be won!!  You can check out all the info over at coffeelovingcardmakers.com.

Anthony's Paper Craft is also offering a 25% discount on the whole site if you use the code COFFEELOVER at checkout.  This discount is good thru the end of the blog hop. 

I'll be back tomorrow with another coffee themed card.  Enjoy the rest of your day and, until tomorrow - 

Hugs from Brasil.

Michael

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks so much for your comments. I love this card too!

      Delete
  2. These colourful designs are fantastic! I think I like the one with the to go cups most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I do love colors. LOL. I love the cups more just because of the shine to the mugs. But I love them both. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Love these cards!! Pretty colors !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra!! I love the colors too. Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

      Delete
  4. Love the rainbow of cups. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Billie. I love the cups too. Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete
  5. Love those wonderful cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...