Thursday, February 6, 2020

Tuner Syndrome Awareness Butterfly Week - Card 6 - Happy Birthday Card



Hello everyone.  Today is Day 6 of my Turner Syndrome/Butterfly Card Week.  If you have not seen my previous posts, I took part in the It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Blog Hop this past Saturday.  Since the hop is running for a week to give people time to leave comments, I thought it would be fun to make a week's worth of butterfly-themed cards.  So, consider today Day 6 of my It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Butterfly Week!



There are amazing creations from 57 artists and makers and a lot of prizes to be won.  It ends on February 7th so you still have time to enter.  Head over HERE to check out all the amazing cards made and to enter to win one of the many prizes up for grabs. 

For today's card, I kinda cheated!  Remember THIS card that I made on Day 3 - the big square card with the big butterfly?  After I adhered the small negative pieces to the card, I had a really pretty positive piece leftover and did not want to toss it.  So I made a card out of it using some of the same supplies as the Day 3 card.  

I started with a top-folding 5.75" x 4.75" card base. I adhered a piece of black cardstock to the card front and then I adhered the positive butterfly outline to the card front.  I really like how these colors are popping off the black.



I had a piece of the Brasilian paper that I used on the card front of the Day 3 card so I cut a piece to match the size of the butterfly, put double-sided tape on the reverse side, and die-cut the butterfly again.



Then I took all the negative pieces and adhered them into the positive butterfly.  And I adhered the crystals also.



The last thing I did was to adhere Dymo Label "Happy Birthday" washi tape to a piece of white cardstock so that the sentiment popped thru.  Then I adhered it across the butterfly towards the bottom using foam squares.





Don't forget to visit the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop 2020  page to become eligible for one of the many many prizes.  You only have a few days left!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and until next time, hugs from Brasil!


~Michael

1 comment:

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...