Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Tuner Syndrome Awareness Butterfly Week - Card 5 - Happy Birthday Butterfly Card


Hello everyone.  Today is Day 5 of my Turner Syndrome/Butterfly Card Week.  If you have not seen my previous posts, I took part in the It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Blog Hop this past Saturday.  Since the hop is running for a week to give people time to leave comments, I thought it would be fun to make a week's worth of butterfly-themed cards.  So, consider today Day 5 of my It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Butterfly Week!



There are amazing creations from 57 artists and makers and a lot of prizes to be won.  It ends on February 7th so you still have time to enter.  Head over HERE to check out all the amazing cards made and to enter to win one of the many prizes up for grabs. 

Today's card is built around THIS roll of "Happy Birthday Dymo Label" washi tape that I found while rummaging thru my stash.  I forgot that I even owned it but I had an idea in my head.
   


I made a top-folding A2 card of white cardstock. Then I cut another piece of white cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and drew lines to find the center.  Then I adhered a strip of the washi tape across the center of the card and wrapping the excess around to the back.





I kept adhered strips of the tape altering where the words fell.



Until I had covered the whole piece.  And then I adhered this to the card front.





Now I need some butterflies!  I have an extra set of Butterflies 1 from Anthony's Paper Craft that I had cut apart some time ago and I stamped some of the butterflies on to a piece of white cardstock, which I then cut out using my Brother Scan N Cut (works perfectly).




The last thing I did was to color some of the butterflies using BIC Ultra Fine Markers,  adhere them to the card front, and then apply some yellow, pink, and orange Stickles to the butterflies.  No sentiment is necessary due to the washi tape. 



Done.  The card is now ready to send to someone!  I hope you enjoyed this card and the way I used the washi tape.


Don't forget to visit the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop 2020  page to become eligible for one of the many many prizes.  You only have a few days left!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope it was worth the trip.  I will be back tomorrow with another butterfly card.    

Hugs from Brasil -


~Michael

2 comments:

  1. Your card looks awesome! I love how the butterflies have the colors from the TSA Mood Board! Thanks again for being a part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card! Thank you for sharing the info on this hop. I had no idea how many girls were affected and the health problems it causes.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...