Sunday, February 2, 2020

Tuner Syndrome Awareness Butterfly Week - Card 2 - Butterflies Are Flowers That Fly


Hello everyone.  Thanks so much for all the love yesterday on the It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Blog Hop.  Since the hop is running for a week to give people time to leave comments, I thought it would be fun to make a week's worth of butterfly-themed cards.  So, consider today Day 2 of my It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Butterfly Week!


If you missed the hop yesterday, you can still check out and comment on the amazing cards made to support Turner Syndrome.  Just click HERE to check them all out.  Every comment left is a chance at one of the many many prizes. 

Today's card is using "Mini Striplet - Butterflies In Flight" by Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions.  I was inspired to make this card after watching Natasha Foote (a YouTuber I follow).  She created THIS inlay card and I tried to change it up a bit but it's hard to do with a die like this.

I started with a top folding A2 purple card base.  I cut two pieces of white cardstock using a Stitched Rectangle die, one of which I adhered to the inside.  

Using the other piece, I adhered the border and inside part of the die with washi tape and ran it thru my die cut machine.


This is what you end up with.  The small pieces you can throw in the garbage.  I also cut a piece of white fun foam 1.75" x 5.25" to which I adhered the detailed part of the die.  I used a spray adhesive which made this very easy peasy.



Next, I adhered the 3 pieces of the card to the front of the purple card and put it aside to dry.


While it was drying, I cut another piece of the purple cardstock, put double-sided tape on the back (don't remove the tape backing yet), and die cut the center part again.  This time, keeping the pieces as intact as possible.  




Working slowly, with a pokey tool and tweezers, I removed the tape backing from each piece (yes, even those tiny pieces), one by one, and adhered them to the card front using a dab of multi matte medium, until the whole thing has been filled in. It's like working on a puzzle, which I love to do.  Tedious but totally worth it in the end! 





Next, I die cut the 4 butterflies out of white glittered fun foam.  I love how they emboss and cut the fun foam to give dimension.


They look light blue but they really are white with glitter on top.

And I adhered them to the card front, on top of their matching butterfly on the card front.



The last thing I needed was a sentiment.  I went online and searched for some simple butterfly quotes. I found a nice one by Robert Frost so I printed out the words on to white cardstock, layered them on the same purple cardstock I used for the card and adhered them to the card front.  Done!



I hope you have enjoyed Day 2 of Turner Syndrome/Butterfly Card Week.  Don't forget to visit the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop 2020  page to become eligible for one of the many many prizes.     

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and, until next time, hugs from Brasil!

~Michael


3 comments:

  1. Michael I am in LOVE with this beautiful card! So elegant and feminine! I have to get this die set, it is just perfect for the blog hop and anyone who loves butterflies like we do! Thank you so much for being a part of this blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! I love the style, elegant and good for a man or woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought of making my own paper to die cut before. WOW, I am going to!!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...