Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Crafty Elves Countdown to the Holidays - February 2020



Hello everyone and welcome to the Crafty Elves Countdown to the Holidays - January 2020 Edition.  I am back with the other Crafty Elves (Debra, Lisa, and Jessica) to bring you 4 Christmas/Holiday projects. This month I made 3 cards and 2 envelopes that I think you will really like.  

For my first card, which I had so much fun making, I used several stamp sets from Reverse Confetti that are not Christmas stamps sets but I used them to make a Christmas card.  

I used the "Cured" stamp and matching die.  I stamped and die cut the two pigs using decorative paper.  Then I stamped and die cut the feeding trough using white cardstock and colored it with a gray marker.  I made a top-folding A2 card base, which I covered with decorative Christmas paper and then I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  I stamped the sentiment "let's celebrate" from Fancy Word Coordinates and then I adhered the images.  The light pig was glued down and the feeding trough and red pig I adhered with foam dots.  The last thing I did was to adhere some Santa hat stickers (Hobby Lobby) and 3 red sequins. 



My second card came out much better and cuter than what I had in my brain!!  I used the Holiday Cheers stamp and Holiday Cheers die sets from Your Next Stamp, along with my BIC Intensity Markers.  

I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  I stamped the sentiment and 3 of the images and colored them with the BIC markers. Then I applied Glossy Accents over the beer and martini images.  While they were drying, I stamped the other 3 images, die-cut them, and colored them in.  I put some foam dots on the back and adhered them to the card front.  Then I applied Glossy Accents over them also. 




For my 3rd project, I made a card using the Wonderful Winter Digital Stamp Set from Graciellie Design.  I printed the image twice on to white cardstock.  One of the images I cut using a stitched rectangle die, which I adhered to my card front.  Then I colored in the coffee pot using a Cloud Nine Grey BIC marker first and then blending in with a Stone Grey BIC marker.  Then I applied a dot of Frosted Lace Stickles to each of the smaller flowers in the pot. 

While those were drying, I cut the flowers from the 2nd image.  Then I colored them using Pink Flamingo BIC marker first and then blending in some of the Fandango Pink BIC marker.  I adhered this to the card front using foam dots and then I applied some of the Frosted Lace Stickles to the center of each flower.  

The last thing I did was to print one of the sentiments, cut it using a stitched banner die and adhering it to the card front using foam dots.

You can buy these markers directly from BIC by clicking HERE




My 4th project is not a card but two envelopes to put the cool Christmas cards into!!  I used the Christmas Envelope Dressup stamp set from Stamplistic.  I love these stamps and they are great for a card and for snail mail envelopes.  The set comes with two stamps.  One is a mailbox adorned with lights for Christmas and the other is a "place postage here" image with light around it.  



For one envelope, I stamped the mailbox in the lower-left corner and then I stamped parts of the "place postage here" stamp around the envelope. Because the envelope is for an A2 card, the stamp is a bit too big for it but it was fun to use the edges.

For the 2nd envelope, I used a stamp positioner to stamp just the lights from the "place postage here" stamp - around the whole envelope.  I colored both with BIC Intensity Markers.  


I think I need to do a video to show how I made these envelopes.  LOL

I hope these projects inspire you to break out some of your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Holiday stamps to make some cards.  Please remember to check out what the other Crafty Elves have up their sleeves this month - 



I'd love to know which of my projects was your favorite!  As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  You can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE!

Until next time, hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

20 comments:

  1. Wow, these are all fantastic. My favorite are those super cute pigs, I love how you added those hats. And what a great idea decorating envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! All were fun to make and I am glad we are both Crafty Elves together!

      Delete
  2. I love them all! Impossible to pick a favorite... there is something fantastic in all of them!! Fun and beautiful! Month 2 under our belts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa. I am having a ball making these projects. Glad you like them all. So much fun to be a Crafty Elf alongside you!

      Delete
  3. Such creative cards!! Love your non traditional Christmas cards... so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Crystal. Glad you love my take on the pigs. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meghan. And thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  5. Great cards! Love the fun pigs in their Santa hats! Delightful card with the row of festive drinks, and the poinsettias are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise!! I love the pigs too. Heck, I love them all. LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  6. Wow! They are all so wonderful! I love the first card with the pigs and the Santa hats! So stinkin' cute!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Theresa. Thanks for the comments and for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  7. Oh my oh my what fabulous work displayed here - gotta love a Pig anytime - TFS your art work! Bravo and well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW....thanks so much Gail. Appreciate all of your kind words and am happy you love them all. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  8. I never thought to use pigs on a Christmas card.......but why not! Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vannessa. Glad you love the pigs so much and, hopefully, I inspired you to make a card with a pig on the front. LOL. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  9. What fun cards! So creative! I love when cards come out better than you thought. I like the flowers in the water can and the layers on it. Cute envelopes too, I never think to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen!! Glad you like all the projects. I loved making the envelopes and need to make more! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  10. Fabulous work on all
    your projects. Love the
    cute piggies!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for you comments!! Glad you like my piggies so much! Fun to make. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...