Thursday, February 6, 2020

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 135 - It's A Girl/It's A Boy Cards



Hello everyone!  It's time for a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog. We are up to Challenge No. 135 and it's all about babies...or Valentine's Day....or animals....or the color pink!  I went with the baby theme and made two cards - one for a baby girl and one for a baby boy.

Here is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to use when making their cards should you wish to play along with us. 



I started with top folding A2 card bases of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper to each card front using the boy and girl versions of the Bundle of Joy A New Addition (Echo Park).  Then I cut two pieces of white cardstock using a Stitched Rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs.    


I went thru my box of baby stamps and found two sets from The Greeting Farm that I wanted to use. I've had them a long time, they are retired, and there are no names on the packaging, but there are many stamp sets on the market just like these that can be used to recreate these cards. 

I put the white cardstock in my Misti and stamped the baby onesie, first in the center, and then several times around it.



Then I went back and stamped different images for the front of each baby onesie.   It's super easy with a stamping platform because I was able to put all 5 images down at the same time and stamp. 

Then I colored the images using BIC Ultra Fine Tip markers.  I kept the onesies white except for the trim and the images on the front of them.


The last thing I did was adhere each of these to their respective boy/girl card front.  




I hope you enjoyed these two super simple ideas for a new baby card.  If you make something for the challenge, let me know by leaving a comment below so I can check it out!  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and, until next time, hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...