Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuner Syndrome Awareness Butterfly Week - Card 4 - Simple Inspirational Cards



Hello everyone.  Today is Day 4 of my Turner Syndrome/Butterfly Card Week.  If you have not seen my previous posts, I took part in the It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Blog Hop this past Saturday.  Since the hop is running for a week to give people time to leave comments, I thought it would be fun to make a week's worth of butterfly-themed cards.  So, consider today Day 4 of my It's A Girl Thing/Turner Syndrome Butterfly Week!



There are amazing creations from 57 artists and makers and a lot of prizes to be won.  It ends on February 7th so you still have time to enter.  Head over HERE to check out all the amazing cards made and to enter to win one of the many prizes up for grabs. 


Today I wanted to show you guys how easy it is to make some simple, everyday cards with an uplifting or inspirational quote.  Maybe for a friend or a co-worker that just needs a little pick me up or word of encouragement.

Since I'm using purple washi tape, I needed a purple background.  I have a digital paper pad from SnapClickSupply called Indeed by Prima, which has a few designs with purple.  I printed two of the same designs on a piece of A4 cardstock.  I also made two top-folding A2 card bases using white cardstock.  And I used my Stitched Rectangle die (Gina Marie Designs) to cut two other pieces of white cardstock.




Next, I adhered a piece of the decorative paper to the front of each card base, then each of the stitched rectangles to a piece of fun foam, which was then adhered this to the card front. 



Next...the butterfly.  I am using a Small Butterfly Die from Gina Marie Designs but I want it to be purple.  So I adhered 3 strips of a purple washi tape I have in my stash on to a piece of white scrap cardstock.
  

Then I placed the butterfly die face down on the washi strips and die-cut it.  







The last things I did was to adhere each butterfluy to the card front.  I put glue only in the center, antenna, and the tips of the wings of each butterfly.  I wanted the wings to be "flying".  Then I went thru my Small Talk Stickers by Tim Holtz for two good quotes, which I adhered under each of the butterflies.







These are so easy and fast to make and using something like the Small Talk stickers really speeds things up.  You can make a bunch of these in less than an hour.  I'd love to know what you think!  Leave me a comment below if you want. 

Don't forget to visit the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop 2020  page to become eligible for one of the many many prizes.  You only have a few days left!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope it was worth the trip.  I will be back tomorrow with another butterfly card.    

Hugs from Brasil -

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Michael. Love the butterfly! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterflies look so lovely! I have so much washi tape and I never use it! I never thought to put it on paper to cut it out with a die, that is really cool! I am going to give that a try for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...