Thursday, February 20, 2020

Happy Birthday To You With Bugaboo!




Hello everyone!!  I hope y'all are doing well this Thursday morning.  Tomorrow starts Carnaval here in Brasil and not much happens over the next few days other than the big parties in Sao Paulo and Rio.  We are going to try and get away to the beach on Sunday and enjoy the quiet.


It's time for a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 136 and it's all about birthdays!  Who doesn't love to get a birthday card?  Here is the inspiration photo that the design team had to use when making our project.  





For my project, I am using a digital stamp called Birthday Critters Sign from Bugaboo Stamps.  I love this image, not only because of the pig, but because of the big letters that can be colored in bright birthday colors.  I love pigs and I love bright colors.

I started by printing 4 of them at 65% on to a piece of A4 white cardstock.  This way I can make more than one card and not waste so much cardstock.


I found an old pad (circa 2007) from Junkitz called Salsa with some cool colorful papers and I adhered one to the card front.  I also trimmed one of the images to 2 1/8" x 5.5".

Next, I colored the image using my BIC Intensity Markers (my fav) using as many bright and fun colors as I could.  LOL


Then I adhered this on to a piece of black cardstock giving just a little black border and then I adhered it to the card front. 



The last thing I did was to add some Stickles by Ranger to some of the balloons - to give some sparkle.


I hope you enjoyed this colorful card with all the critters on it.  Nothing makes me happier than creating something with a lot of color.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you play along with us on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  If you do, let me know by leaving a comment below!  

Have a great weekend everyone and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. This just makes me smile! Such a happy, fun birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shona! Glad I was able to make you smile. Thanks for the comments and for stopping by my blog!

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...