Wednesday, February 12, 2020

I Love You!


Hello everyone!  I hope everyone is having a good February so far.  This Friday is Valentine's Day and, even though it's not really celebrated here in Brasil, I wanted to make another card and I had to use Word Critters Spring Birds and Cool Tag Banner Sentiments, both by Your Next Stamp, because they are sitting on my desk mocking me!!  LOL 

I honestly think this is probably the simplest card I have ever made!  

I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die, which I put in my stamping platform.  I then arranged the branch and the bird couple (from the Word Critters Spring Birds set) and the sentiment "I Love You" from the Cool Tag Banner set, and I stamped them using Jet Black Amalgam Ink from Gina K. Designs.


I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock.  Then I colored the card using Ultra Fine Tip BIC Markers - Yellow Blaze and Sunset Orange on the birds, Tiki Hut Tan and Key Lime on the branch, Rambunctious Red on the hearts, and Petal Pink on the bow.  


All that was left to do was to adhere the white cardstock to the card front.  


Simplest card ever!  But so much fun!  

I am entering this card into three "card challenge" blogs that I follow because 2 of their themes are perfect for it and the 3rd is an open challenge blog.       
The first card challenge is Less Is More, which is celebrating their 9th birthday!  Cool.  The theme is "tiny and few" and I am pretty sure this card fits that theme.  



The 2nd challenge blog is the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  Their theme is Love and you have to use red, pink and white.  Although my card is not just those colors, I did use red and pink on the card and the card base is white and red...so I hope that works.  LOL



The 3rd challenge blog is the A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge Blog, which is an "anything goes" blog.  



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Let me know what you think of the card by leaving a comment below!  And, if you enter a card into one of these card challenges, let me know.  

Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

7 comments:

  1. Michael, it's been a while since you've joined us at Retro Rubber but it's always a pleasure when you do. Great to see your clean, perfectly executed designs. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful little card! Definitely less is more - it certainly packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love the images you used and the scene you formed with them is perfectly CAS! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely adorable! I love the sweet simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! The little birdies fluttering above the tree is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card, CAS but with a nice little image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...