Woodblock Wednesday Card | Get Well Card | Tissue Box Woodblock Stamp
Hello everyone, and welcome to a new Woodblock Wednesday card. What is "Woodblock Wednesday", you ask? Well, it's the day of the week to dust off and ink up a woodblock stamp, and make something with it.
On the last Wednesday of the month, my friend Amy celebrates her love of woodblock stamps with a post on her Woodblock Wednesday Instagram page. If you make a card of your own, you can link it to her card HERE by August 3rd at 5am Pacific for a chance to win a small prize.
I recently pulled out a box of woodblock stamps and found one of a tissue box that I don't even remember buying. It was made by Ann-ticipations out of Stockton, CA, circa 2004, and it cost me $12. I have a feeling that the card I saw in my brain when I saw this stamp, all those years ago, is the same card idea that I am finally making today.
I know tissue boxes are a big thing in supermarkets in the USA, but we don't have those color- or pattern-coordinating boxes of tissues here. But I do remember some of them having very floral designs. And that's what I went with here.
- I stamped the tissue box with Onyx Black Versafine Ink on a retro floral design from an old paper collection, embossed it with clear embossing powder, and fussy-cut the box and the inside oval where the tissue comes out.
- Using white cardstock, I made a top-folding A2 card base. Then I die-cut a piece of green cardstock using 4.25" x 5.5" stitched rectangle die, and adhered it to the card.
- I embossed a piece of white cardstock using the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up (long retired), adhered a piece of fun foam to the back, and then to the front of the card.
- I added foam dots to the back of the tissue box, then a tissue in the center with a corner of it coming out of the oval in the image. Then I adhered it to the card front.
- Using two stitched banner dies, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock and a piece of the green cardstock. I adhered a sticker that says "Hope You Feel Better Soon" to the white banner, layered it on the green banner, and then to the card front.
Now it's your turn. Go grab a woodblock stamp and make something creative.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. If you want to see more of my work, come check all of my social media pages:
World of Michael Trent
Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone. Until next time...
Hugs from Sāo Paulo, Brasil.
~Michael






What a fun card, sure to boost the recipient’s mood
ReplyDelete