Sunday, July 21, 2024

Yes, It's A Holiday - Happy National Ice Cream Day!

 


Hello everyone and welcome to a new Yes, It's a Holiday Collaboration.  Today, my Instagram friend Lori and I are helping to celebrate National Ice Cream Day, which is celebrated on the third Sunday in July - in the United States

According to Holidays Calendar, in July of 1984, President Ronald Reagan declared the third week of July to be National Ice Cream Month by signing Proclamation 5219. In this proclamation, the president called ice cream the perfect dessert and snack food and stated that over 90 percent of Americans enjoy it on a regular basis..  

To read more about today's holiday, just click HERE

To help celebrate, I made today's card using a really old stamp I recently found in my stash.  

  • I made a top-folding A2 card using white cardstock.
  • Then I die-cut a piece of Kraft cardstock using a 4.25" x 5.5" stitched rectangle die from Pink & Main, embossed it with a retired Sizzix embossing folder, and adhered it to the card front.  I do not remember the name of this folder, nor could I find it online, but it reminded me of the pattern on an ice cream cone. 
  • I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.  
  • I stamped the ice cream cone all over the white cardstock.  This is a stamp that I found in my stash, from 2012, and one of Imaginisce Snag 'em Stamps.  Although it's long retired, you might have a stamp like this that you can use.  After stamping them I colored them with markers in my stash.
  • I measured 2.5" down from the top, and trimmed it, glued a piece of fun foam to the back, and adhered it to my card front at the top.  Then, I cut the bottom part measuring 1 3/8" up from the bottom, glued a piece of fun foam to the back, and then to the card front - leaving room for the sentiment. 

    • I die-cut the Sweet Word Die from Sunny Studio - once using white glittered fun foam, and 3 times using plain white fun foam.  I adhered them together with white glue, and set it aside to dry.  Once dry, I adhered it to the center part of the card front.  
    • Lastly, I added red Stickles to the cherries. 


    I had so much fun making this card.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  If you have Instagram, it would be awesome if you could stop by Lori's page, check out the card that she made, and show her some love.  Links to both of our Instagram pages are below.


    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to go enjoy some ice cream.  Until next time...

    Hugs from Brasil.

    ~Michael

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Day 7 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Happy Thanksgiving | Technique Junkies

      Hello everyone and welcome to Day 7 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. Today I have a Thanksgiving card for you using 2 stamps from ...