Monday, July 22, 2024

Retro Rubber Challenge No. 235 | When Life Hands You Lemons | Technique Junkies Stamps

 

Hello everyone.  It's been a long time since I have played along with the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog but when I saw their latest challenge - Challenge No. 235 - I knew I had to make a card or two.    

Below is the inspirational graphic for this challenge - to use at least four colors in the graphic and the stamps have to be at least a year old.  The lemon theme is optional but, I have 3 "lemon" stamps, all more than a year old, that are perfect to use on the cards - Make Lemonade Background, Call the Girls, and Lemons - all from Technique Junkies.

As much as I love the Make Lemonade Background stamp, the thought of coloring the whole image was too much for me to think about this week.  So I stamped the image twice on scrapbook paper and die-cut them using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.  

Here is the horizontal card I made using Lemons as the sentiment and yellow enamel dots as some accents on the card front.


For the vertical card, I used Call The Girls as my sentiment, added glossy accents to the glass because once dry, it looks like glass, and some yellow enamel dots as accents. 

Now I am off to enter these in the challenge.  Do you have a fav?  If you love any of these stamps, you can pick them up from Technique Junkies.  Use my code at checkout - TJ10Michael - to save 10% on your order.


Enjoy the rest of your day and week.  If you enter a card, let me know!  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. My favorite is the first card, the design and the sentiment! It has been a while since you've played along with us at Retro Rubber, thanks for joining us! Neva DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, MIchael, these cards are amazing! Love the backgrounds and the sentiments are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the backgrounds and the sentiments are amazing, especially the squirt in the eye one! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background and the layout of your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Day 7 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Happy Thanksgiving | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to Day 7 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. Today I have a Thanksgiving card for you using 2 stamps from ...