Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Happy July 4th | Statue of Liberty | Red, White, and Blue Card

 

Hello everyone and Happy July 4th!  Was sitting here not believing that tomorrow is July 4th and I quickly made this card.  I may not be living in the USA anymore, and I may not be celebrating but, I am an American who understands the importance of the holiday, democracy, and what my ancestors went through for me to grow up in a democratic country.  This is something we all need to think about this election year.  Democracy. 

If you want to recreate this card, this is how I made it.

  • I made a top-folding A2 card using red cardstock.
  • I printed one of the papers from THIS July 4th Digital paper pack that I bought from the Jenny L Designs Shop on Etsy, die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, adhered it to a piece of red fun foam, and then I adhered it to the card front.
  • I stamped Liberty Square from Technique Junkies on white cardstock using Jet Black Stazon.
  • Then I colored the sky using a blue Sharpie marker and used a Holly Green Brush Tombow Marker (No. 312) with a waterbrush on the Statue to give her a patina look.  
  • I layered the image on 3 pieces of cardstock, red, white, and blue, adhered some fun foam to the back, and the to the center of the card front. 
  • Lastly, I added some red, white, and blue enamel dots and star enamel dots, both from the Eyelet Outlet
If you like this Liberty Square stamp, or anything else on the Technique Junnkies website, remember to use my Design Team Code to save 10% at checkout - TJ10Michael.  

Enjoy the holiday if you celebrate - the fireworks, the BBQ, the beach - I miss it all.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Day 7 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Happy Thanksgiving | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to Day 7 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. Today I have a Thanksgiving card for you using 2 stamps from ...