Thursday, July 18, 2024

Technique Junkies | July Stamp Release | Day 4 It's Okay to Not Be Okay


Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of the July 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies.  For the first 8 days of every new release, the new stamps are 15% off and I wanted to showcase a different card on the first 7 days and a recap on the 8th day.   

For today, Day 4, I made this card using Abstract Florals on the front of the card and It's Okay on the inside.  There is a lot of talk about mental health and the fact that so many of us struggle to stay sane in an insane world.  Just remember that the phrase "It's Okay not to be Okay" is used to remind us that it's normal to feel sad, overwhelmed, or anxious at times.  It's a reminder that it's okay to not always feel okay and that it's important to take care of yourself and seek help if needed.  

If anyone ever needs or wants to talk, I am here for you.  Just reach out and send me a message.  Really!

To make this card: 

  • I made a top-folding A2 card using black cardstock.
  • I stamped Abstract Florals on a piece of green cardstock with a leaf pattern in the background, and die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.
  • I used 2 circle dies to cut an opening on the front of the card and the larger circle die on the Abstract Florals piece, which I then adhered to the card front.
  • I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, adhered it to the inside, and then stamped It's Okay on it.
  • Lastly, I added some black enamel dots to the card front.  
When you look at the card it seems as if the It's Okay sentiment is on the front of the card.  But when you open the card, the sentiment is actually on the inside shown through by the circle cutout.



I hope you enjoyed this quick card idea.  Both stamps are part of the new release and are 15% off through July 23rd (no code needed) - and, you can take 10% off EVERYTHING else on the Technique Junkies website by using my code at checkout - TJ10Michael.  

Below are the stamps in the July New Stamp Release, And, if you love all the stamps, you should get the Gotta Have It All Bundle and save $25.


Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael


1 comment:

Day 7 of 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards | Happy Thanksgiving | Technique Junkies

  Hello everyone and welcome to Day 7 of my 30 Days of Halloween/Autumn Cards. Today I have a Thanksgiving card for you using 2 stamps from ...