Saturday, August 10, 2019

Stamplorations - 3D Christmas Tree Coffee To Go Ornament - No. 2



Hello everyone.  So, yesterday over on Coffee Loving Cardmakers, I showed how to make a 3D ornament using a digi stamp from Stamplorations.  You can check out that post HERE or HERE.  

Today, I am showing how to make a bigger, one-sided, 3D ornament.  It's more feminine but just as colorful.     

For today's ornament, I am using one of the images from the Bloomdala Coffee To Go Digital Stamp Set.  The first thing I did was to print 4 of the images at 110% on to an A4 sheet of white cardstock.  But I only use 3 images.



Next - time to color with BIC markers (my fav) and then fussy cut. 

On the first cup, I colored in the whole image. I like to do this so that I know exactly what colors I need for the 3D areas.  And, s
o that I don't waste a lot of time coloring parts that will not be used, I decided on what parts I want to make 3D and then colored those parts only.  

On the 2nd cup, I colored only the flower and leaves, and then fussy cut that part.

On the 3rd cup, I colored in the center flower as well as the smaller flowers coming off of the leaves.  I fussy cut those areas, as well as the lid to the cup.



Because the BIC markers bled through to the other side, which I expected to happen, I traced the cup on to another piece of white cardstock, fussy cut it, and adhered it to the colored side.   

Next, I stamped the sentiment, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" from the Christmas Mantel Set by (Anthony's Paper Craft) on the reverse side and then, using foam tape, I adhered the different sections I cut out to the front side giving it the 3D effect.  I also adhered the cup lid to the other side.  




Lastly, I made a hole in the lid where you would sip the coffee from, inserted a jump ring and then attached a small portion from a Beaded Rosary Chain (Spellbinders).  I also applied Glam Pink, Firefly, and Yellow Stickles (Ranger) to the 3D areas.





Making this ornament in this way with a lot of white on the reverse side allows for a special message to whoever you are sending this to.  Now I just need to send this to someone for them to hang on their Christmas tree. 


I'd love to know what you think of this project and the digi stamp from Stamplorations.  These "coffee to go" stamps are perfect for this 3D effect - not just for ornaments but cards also.  Please let me know by leaving a comment below.  And, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

2 comments:

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...