Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Follow Your Dreams....With A Snail...In A Camper


Hello everyone.  I have a confession to make.  This card did not go planned the way I had intended.  The idea was in my head and when I was almost done with it, I realized it was not going to look right on an A2 card.  So I adapted it to a 5" square card.  But I still love it and hope you do too.

I'm in love with coffee...snails...and campers stamps/themes so the Camper Snail digi set from Polka Dot Orchard was right up my alley.  

I started by printing the snail to the size I wanted.  I fussy cut it with fine tip scissors and colored him/her in with my Ultra Fine Tip BIC makers (my fav).  I also used an R00 (Pinkish White) Copic marker for the snail.  And I added a tiny googly eye.


For the city scene, I cut 3 pieces of yellow cardstock with the Cityscape Silhouette (Memory Box/98399/Retired) and a piece of green, blue, and red cardstock with Cityscape Nightline (Memory Box/98398/Retired).   

I also cut a piece of metallic blue cardstock using a die from Stitched Rectangle Layers (Memory Box/30009).  This will be my base.


I adhered each of the yellow pieces to the back of the red, green and blue pieces.  I did not punch out all of the small window pieces on purpose.  Thought it looked cool.  


I adhered the green section first using glue and I cut off any excess that was hanging over the sides.  Then I adhered the blue section using foam tape so that it would give some depth to the scene.  Lastly, I adhered the blue section using glue again.  With the excess pieces I was able to fit them into different areas of the skyline. 


I made a 5" square card base, adhered the city scene in the center with the snail to the side.  I used some small pop dots under the exhaust.

I then cut a stitched banner die, adhered the sentiment "Follow your dream", and then adhered this to the card front along with the 3 hearts from the digi image.  


I am going to put this in my classroom where I teach English since my students are learning English as one of their dreams to get a better life.  

What do you guys think?  Let me know by leaving a comment below.  I'd love to know.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

2 comments:

  1. Well I am the camper snail digi artist along with Jessica of Polka Dot Orchard who added the coffee cup so we had a fun collaboration!!! So glad you like this critter!!! Love for you to let me know what other crazy combo images you would like to see! Thanks for sharing!! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly! I'm so glad you love my little creation. Your snail set is adorable!! Thanks for making it. And you made my day also! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...