Thursday, August 22, 2019

Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 124 - Coffee Drinking Llama


Hello everyone!!  Did you know that even llamas love coffee....liquid life....java juice?  I didn't either until I found this image and made this card.  LOL 

Today's card is my Design Team project for the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog and today is Challenge No. 124 - and it's all about llamas!  Here is the inspiration photo that the design team had to use in case you want to play along - 


In order to make something for this challenge, I needed a llama stamp, of which I had none, so I jumped on Etsy and started my search.  I found THIS adorable digital llama clip art set and THIS digital "Sweet Morning" coffee paper set, which went perfectly with the llama images.  So I bought them.  

I made a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of Kraft cardstock.  Then I printed one of the designs from the Sweet Morning dig paper and die cut it using the Quilted Frame Die from Avery Elle.


Next, I printed the image of the llama drinking coffee on to an A4 sheet of cardstock.  I was able to fit 4 of the image on 1 sheet so I figure I can make 2 cards.  


I fussy cut one whole image and just the llama on the second image.  Then I colored the llama with some Copic markers.  I used RV10 Pale Pink on her ears, cheeks,  and nose and E000 Pale Fruit Pink, on her body.  I did not want a stark white llama and the E000 gives just a hint of color.


I adhered the full image to the card front covering the oval center and then, using foam tape, I adhered the colored llama image.   


Lastly, I adhered some pink and orange Stickles to the bow, collar, cup, and steam coming out of the cup.  And a sticker/sentiment from the Small Talk Stickers (Ranger/Holtz).


And that's it!  Super easy and fun card to make.  Love this set of llamas and now I have options for so many cards.  I hope you liked this project.  Feel free to leave a comment below and, if you play along with the challenge, which I hope you can do, please let me know!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So adorable and love these awesome images! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...