Friday, August 2, 2019

Coffee Loving Cardmakers - August Guest Designer - Bella Needs Coffee



Hi everyone!!  I am super excited to announce that Amy Tsuruta asked if I would like to be the August Guest Designer for Coffee Loving Cardmakers and, of course, I said YES!  I also said yes to all 5 Fridays - what was I thinking??  LOL 



Coffee + Cards - perfect fit!

If you are on Facebook there is even a group called Coffee Loving Papercrafters - so come on over and join us.  The inspiration, creativity, and support is like an overflowing cup of Joe!  Come join us.   


Today's card was built around this sentiment -

"I don't need an inspirational quote, I need coffee!" 

I saw this on a  t-shirt and had to use it on a card - and it had to be in a speech bubble - and it had to be coming out of a cute girl (with attitude) drinking coffee.  Lots of "had to be" in that sentence.

So I jumped on Etsy to begin my search. I found this adorable "Coffee Girl" digi stamp (who I named Bella) from The Happy Graphics.  Bella seems to have some attitude and I had the speech bubble die in my stash.  All set!

I printed and fussy cut Bella, made a top folding card base to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper, cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and I cut a piece of fun foam to go under it.  Phew!  


I secured the white cardstock, placed a stencil over it  (ArteFacilArtesanato/Brasil) and then applied Applemint ink (Gina K. Designs) with a make-up brush.





Next...the sentiment.  I printed it off my computer on to a piece of white cardstock and die cut it using the same stitched rectangle die as above - to keep the stitched edge the same.  I also die cut a piece of darker pink cardstock with the die too.  It will make sense in a moment.



Then I positioned the Big Word Pop die (Memory Box/99047/Retired) where I wanted it and die cut the sentiment.  Then I did the same with the piece of pink cardstock but I cut it a bit bigger to give an edge to the sentiment.



Now to put this card together - 


I adhered the fun foam to the white cardstock, then to the card front, then I adhered the sentiment to the pink cardstock, which I then adhered to the top, colored in "coffee girl Bella" with BIC markers (my fav) and adhered her to the bottom with pop dots/foam tape. 

And, because she needed a little sparkle, I added Glam Pink Stickles to the star in her hair and two tiny crystals to her glasses.  


 

I hope you enjoyed this card!  I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave a comment below.  And, thanks again to Amy for inviting me to be the Guest Designer for August!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

2 comments:

  1. I left a comment on the coffee lovers blog, but it's always feels good to have comments on your own blog. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah. Glad you like this card as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...