Friday, August 9, 2019

Coffee Loving Cardmakers - Guest Designer - Stamplorations 3D Coffee Ornament No. 1



Hello everyone.  Thanks so much for all the love after my first "Guest Designer" post last Friday over on Coffee Loving Cardmakers.  It put a smile on my face all weekend!!


For this week, Week 2, I have two 3D Coffee To Go Ornaments that you can make for your Christmas tree, to hang from a window or even the rearview mirror in your car, which is where mine is.  Today I show how I made the smaller one and tomorrow, over on my blog, I will have a post for the larger size ornament.  
I've loved making 3D projects since I stumbled on Outlines Rubber Stamps years ago.  Sadly, they are out of business but I still love to find stamps that I can make a 3D project with.  And the "to go" coffee cup images from Stamplorations make it super easy!  Let me show you how.  
 

I had already decided to make this ornament with 3 "levels" so the first thing I did was to print 6 of the same image.  This project uses the Floral Coffee To Go Digital Stamp Set (Stamplorations).  You can also print this image 4 times and make 2 "levels".      


Then I grabbed my Ultra Fine Tip BIC Markers and fully colored two of the coffee cups.  Then I fussy cut them and ran a black marker around the edge to get rid of any white border.


Next, for the 2nd and 3rd "levels" I only colored in the parts of the images that I knew I would fussy cut.  



Ignore the small piece of the flower.  I colored that by mistake.

Next, I fussy cut the pieces for the 2nd and 3rd levels and ran a black marker around the edges to remove as much of the white border as possible.



Next, I adhered some foam tape to the back of one of the cups, adhered a piece of ribbon down the center, and then adhered the cup.



Next, I adhered foam tape/pop dots to the back of the 2nd and 3rd "level" pieces and then adhered them to each side of the cup.  



And, lastly, as I do in most of my projects, I added Stickles (Ranger) because everything should shimmer and shine - in this case, I used Glam Pink, Yellow, and Orange Peel.  I did one side, let it dry, and then I did the other side.   



Now I just have to wait a few months to put it up on the tree.  For now, it looks good hanging off the rosemary bush we have in the garden.  LOL

I hope you guys enjoyed this idea on how to make your own Coffee To Go Ornaments.  I'd love to know what you think so please, feel free to leave a comment below.  Remember to stop back here tomorrow for the step by step on the larger ornament.  

And, I'll be back next Friday with another project on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers site.  Until then - 

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael

1 comment:

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...