Thursday, June 1, 2023

Yes, It's a Holiday - National Give A Bunch of Balloons MONTH

 


Hello everyone and welcome to a new "Yes, It's a Holiday" collaboration with my friends Debra and Lori over on Instagram.  This month we are kicking it off on the 1st of the month because on June 1st National Give A Bunch of Balloons Month begins.   

Yes, this truly is a holiday and it lasts all month!  According to National Today, National Give a Bunch of Balloons Month is celebrated in June to raise awareness about children who are sick and to find ways to reduce their suffering and spread joy in their lives.  The simple fact is that giving a child a balloon can lift their spirits and make them happy.  You can read more about this holiday by clicking on the links. 

And what better way for a cardmaker to help celebrate than by making a card that is filled with balloons.  I picked today's holiday because of the paper, below, that I have in my stash.  It's called Feliz Aniversario, which means Happy Birthday in English, and is made by Oficina do Papel, a Brasilian paper company.   

This card is very simple to put together and, once you see how I did it, you will look at scrapbook papers in a completely different way.  All I use is this one sheet of scrapbook paper, the Fancy Celebrate Die from Altenew, and the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio.  If you don't own a slimline die set.

  • I made a 3 5/8" x 8 5/8" slimline card base.  
  • I cut a piece of the balloon scrapbook paper, 4" x 9", and I cut from the top of the paper since that is where most of the balloons are.   
  • I die-cut the paper using the largest of the scalloped dies from the Slim Stitched Rectangle die set. Then I adhered the smaller of the scalloped dies to the center and die-cut again.  YES, there will be a gaping hole in the middle of your card.  Do not worry.
  • Also using the smaller scalloped die, I die-cut a piece of purple fun foam.


  • I adhered the outer portion - the border - of the balloons die-cut to the card front.
  • Then I adhered the fun foam to the back of the other piece, which I then adhered to the card front - in the gaping hole.  

Here's the final card.


Making this card sparked some other ideas - just from the die.  Watch for a follow-up post soon.  Don't forget to check out what Debra and Lori have made - over on their Instagram pages.  Links to our Instagram pages are below.    

Lori - @mamakobs

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  And, don't forget to send someone balloons this month.  LOL Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...