Thursday, June 1, 2023

Technique Junkies | June 2023 Release | Newest Design Team Member


 
Hello everyone!  I hope y'all are doing well.  Me?  Well, I am super excited to announce that Pat, the brains behind Technique Junkies, asked me to join the Technique Junkies Design Team and, of course, I accepted.  This has been a dream for a long time.   About 15 years ago, Anna of The Ink Pad (at that time, NYC's only rubber stamp store) asked me to help her out in her booth in, I believe, Long Island's first-ever rubber stamp show.  I had never been around so much crafty goodness in one spot.  It was so long ago that clear stamps had yet to be invented.  

Pat was at that show.  We met, we talked, I bought a lot.  And I bought more every time I saw her at a show.  After moving here I would buy when I went back to visit or I had friends pick stamps up for me and send them to me.  

And now, I am on the Design Team and very happy.  You've probably seen other posts where I used Technique Junkies stamps but today is my "official" first project.   

Let's start with the 12 stamps in the June 2023 Stamp Release available starting today.  Think July 4th, beach and summer scrapbook layouts, flowers beginning to bloom, laying on the sand with the sky above, the sand below, and peace within.   




They are all on sale with a 15% discount thru June 8th. If you want anything else from the Technique Junkies site, you can get a 10% discount by using my "friends and family discount" code - TJ10Michael.




But wait, there's more! If you love ALL the stamps in the release, you can save $27.60 and grab them all for only $82.50. that's cheaper than a trip to Costco.



For my first "official" project, I used the Land That I Love stamp. The stamp measures about 2.5" x 4" and is perfect for a card front. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect with a map.


For my first card, I printed a digital July 4th paper and adhered it to my card front. I stamped "Land That I Love" using Versafine Onyx Black ink on white cardstock, die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die, layered it on a piece of navy cardstock leaving a slim border, and then adhered it to the card front. Lastly, I added some red and blue crystals.


For my 2nd card, I adhered one of the USA maps from the Maps, Text, and Ledgers paper pad. I stamped the image again and had my Scan N Cut cut the image with a .4 border, which I then adhered to the center of the map using foam tape.



I cannot wait to show you guys more card ideas I have so keep a look out for those. Not that this is a blog hop but below are the other Design Team Members. When you click on their name, you will be taken directly to their creations.


And, don't forget to visit Technique Junkies to see all they have to offer. All new releases are 15% off thru June 8th and remember to use my code, TJ10Michael, to get an additional 10% off anything else you might want to buy.

Thanks again for stopping by my blog today. I'd love to know what you think of my cards and what you think of this release. Which 2 stamps are your favs? As always, and until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. Great cards. I loved use of the map paper for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards !! So glad you are part of the team ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for you! I know you like Technique Junkies! How fun! Grea cards! Very eye catching. hugs Margot in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Congrats on joining the Technique Junkies Design Team! Love all the stamps in this release and as always enjoy your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...