Saturday, June 24, 2023

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas June 2023 Edition


Hello all and welcome to a new Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas Collaboration with my fellow Crafty Elves - Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZ Scrapper, and Misty of The Jolly Fat Elf.  If this is your first time here, every 25th of the month, the Crafty Elves share 1 Christmas/Holiday card with everyone to help them on their holiday card-making journey.  All of our social media links can be found at the end of my post. 


The idea for this card was so random it's crazy.  These two stamps were laying on my desk for other ideas and, at one point, I looked down at saw the words "we" and "beachy", noticed the couple could be a "we" and wondered how can I turn this into a Christmas card?  A few minutes later, while looking for something, I found the Santa hat dies in my stash and I figured, put a Santa hat on the mermaid and see where this goes.  

Hence, this card!

To make it even more fun, I added some sand and made the mermaid all iridescent and glittery.  I had so much fun making this card it's not funny.  

So, how did I make it?

  • I started with a top-folding A2 card base using white cardstock.
  • I printed the red/white/green striped Christmas paper that comes in THIS digital Christmas Paper Pack from Your Paper Stash on Etsy.  Then I adhered it to my card front.
  • I stamped Mermaid Love on a piece of light blue cardstock, which I then die-cut using a stitched rectangle die.  I also stamped Beachy Christmas on a piece of white cardstock, which I die-cut using a stitched banner die.  Both of these stamps are from Technique Junkies.


Then I:
  • Adhered the Mermaid Love image to a piece of red cardstock leaving a smidge of a border, then a piece of red fun foam under that, and then to the card front.
  • I die-cut another piece of red fun foam using the banner die and adhered that under my sentiment, and then to the card front. 

Next - I added all the shimmer to the mermaid and sand to the beach.  When I made my sample idea (yes, I do this), my sentiment did not sit right because of the sand I added first.  Not this time.  

I applied some wet glue around the sand, added sand on top, and set it aside to fully dry.



Next, I added shimmer to the mermaid's scales and tail using some yellow, pesto, and ocean Recollections ultra-fine glitter from my stash.  I applied wet glue to her scales, then some glitter.  I removed the excess and then added some blue glitter to her tail.  And I set it aside to fully dry.  


And, lastly, I die-cut a Santa hat (brand unknown), adhered it to the mermaid's head and then added some stickles to the hat for shimmer.


Done!  I really love how this card came out as it's so outside my comfort zone.  But using a traditional stamp and adding some whimsy to it with the hat, the sand, and the glitter...made my day.  I hope you guys love it too.

Please remember to go and check out what the other Crafty Elves have made this month.  All of our social media links are below if you wish to follow us or check out our other work.  

Michael - World of Michael Trent

Debra - Meticulosity

Lisa - Life of a BZ Scrapper

Misty - The Jolly Fat Elf
Today's Card on her YouTube Channel

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Great image for your card! Love the fun Santa hat!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...