Saturday, June 17, 2023

Technique Junkies June 2023 Release Card | Sky Above | 2 Cards 1 Stamp


  

As soon as I saw the Sky Above stamp from the June 2023 Release from Technique Junkies I immediately had this vision of laying on a beach, looking out at the blue water, with a blue sky above me, and peace within me. Corny, yes.  But nothing makes me happier than being on a beach.  

Have you seen the June 2023 Release?   


For my first card, I wanted a tropical/beachy background, so I did a search on Google for "free tropical landscape backgrounds", found a photo that would work, saved it, printed it, and trimmed it to 3.75" x 5".  Then I used a piece of turquoise cardstock and embossed it with the Waves 3D Embossing Folder from Memory Box.  

I adhered the Waves background to my card front, and then I adhered the photo I printed.  I really only needed the blue background to show.  Next, I stamped Sky Above on white cardstock, trimmed it, layered it on a piece of turquoise cardstock, and adhered this to the card front using foam tape.


For my 2nd card, I adhered a piece of cloud paper to my card front.  Then I stamped Sky Above on a piece of white cardstock, adhered it to a piece of navy blue cardstock using foam tape, and then to the card front.  I love how so much of the sky shows around the stamped image.



There you have them - 2 card ideas using 1 stamp.  Do you like one more than the other?  I am leaning towards the first card with the amazing 3D Waves background.  Let me know, I'd love to know.  And, if you love this stamp or anything else on the Technique Junkies website, use my "friends and family" discount code at checkout - TJ10Michael - to save 10% off your order.   

Now, enjoy your weekend, and, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...