Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Happy Father's Day With Technique Junkies | Quick Father's Day Card



Hi everyone.  Although my dad is no longer with me, I still love to make Father's Day cards as if I was making one for him.  And I get to make them twice.  Father's Day in the USA is on June 18th this year and here in Brasil, it's on August 13th.  My dad loved the water.  Before meeting my mom, he was in the US Navy and he got to see the world before getting married, which is probably why he had no problem with me moving to Brasil.  He also loved to go fishing - at least when I was a young kid he did.  Hence the theme of this card.

Gratuitous Photo of My Dad in the Navy

I made this card yesterday using 3 rubber stamps from Technique Junkies - Ephemera Collage for the background, Row for the main image, and Happy Father's Day for the sentiment.  If you are interested in any of these stamps, or anything else on the Technique Junkies website, you save 10% by using my "friends and family discount code" - TJ10Michael.  Yes, I might earn a small commission. 

To make this card...

  • I made my base card using white cardstock.  
  • Using the Stitched Rectangle Set 1 Dies from Pink & Main, I die-cut a piece of black cardstock using the largest die in the set measuring 4.25" x 5.5".      
  • I stamped Ephemera Collage on a piece of Kraft cardstock using Jet Black Archival ink.  Then I die-cut it using the 2nd largest die from the Stitched Rectangle Set that measures 3.75" x 5".
  • I stamped Row on a piece of light blue cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink and then die-cut it using the stitched rectangle die in the same set that measures 2.75" x 4".
  • Before putting the card together, I stamped Happy Father's Day on a piece of white cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink and then I die-cut using a stitched banner die in my stash.  It's old.  I think from MFT.

Now to put the card together.
  • I adhered the black cardstock to the white card base.
  • Then I adhered the Ephemera Collage/Kraft to the black cardstock.
  • I adhered Row/light blue cardstock to a piece of black cardstock.  Then I cut a piece of black fun foam and adhered it to the back of the black cardstock and then I adhered the whole thing to the card front.

To be honest, stopping here makes a fantastic card - without the Happy Fathe's Day sentiment.  But, to turn it into a Father's Day card, I kept going.
  • I adhered the Happy Father's Day sentiment on the white cardstock to a piece of black cardstock.  Then I adhered it to the card front covering the sentiment.

So, what do think of this card idea?  Or card ideas since I seem to have made 2 cards here.  Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Remember, to get a 10% discount on the Technique Junkies website, just use my code TJ10Michael.

Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...