Thursday, June 1, 2023

QKR Stampede "Anything Goes" Challenge | July 4th Card | Want2Scrap


 

Hello everyone.  We are back!  The QKR Stampede Design Team had to take a month off because if you have not heard, Stamp On It sold their stamp lines to Want 2 Scrap and they needed time to get all of the fantastic images up on their site.  Not all the images are there yet and they are working their butts off - so keep checking back.

My Design Team ideas for the new May 1st QKR Stampede "Anything Goes" Challenge are a 4th of July card and a simple 4th of July tag.  I really love making anything for the 4th of July / Independence Day.  I have color combo issues but, with a red, white, and blue color base, ideas are easy peasy.  


Wanna make this card too?  Here's how to do it.

  • I made a top-folding A2 card using white cardstock.  
  • I printed one of the 4th of July Digital Papers that I bought from Bella Creative Design on Etsy, and die cut it using the largest die from the Stitched Rectangle Set 1 dies from Pink & Main).  It measures 4.25" x 5.5" and is perfect for a card front.  Then I adhered it to my card front.
  • On the same sheet of white cardstock, I printed two of the Star Flag Header digital stamp and one of the Celebrate with Fireworks digital stamp - both available from Want2Scrap.  
  • I had my Scan N Cut cut the Star Flag Header images with a .4 border and then I had my Scan N Cut cut the same outline from red cardstock but with a .8 border.  
  • I used a 4.25" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die to cut the "celebrate" sentiment, which I adhered to the inside of my card.


  • I colored one of the Star Flag Header images using a blue and red Graf marker.  On the other image, I fussy cut just the center and colored it using the red marker.  
  • I applied white glue to the stars and covered them with Prisma Glitter (Hero Arts) and set them aside to fully dry. 

  • Once dry, I adhered the Star Flag Header to the red cardstock piece and then to the center of my card, added the glittered star to the center using foam tape, and, lastly, added a few red, white, and blue enamel dots. 




To make the tag- 
  • I printed another of the designs from the 4th of July Digital Papers from Bella Creative Design on Etsy, and die cut it using a tag die.  
  • Again, I printed two of the Star Flag Header digital stamps and had my Scan N Cut cut them out, colored them using GRAF markers, and added the Prisma Glitter.
  • Once fully dry, I adhered the Star Flag Header to the red cardstock piece, then to the tag with foam tape, and then to the center part using more foam tape, and a piece of red and blue ribbon.  And a few enamel dots. 


I hope you can find time to check out what the other Design Team members have made.  Remember, if you make a card and upload it to the challenge, you have a chance of winning FREE digi stamps.  And, if you use a QKR or Eureka image from Want2Scrap, you chances are even better!  Head over to the QKR Stampede Challenge by clicking HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and, as always, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...