Friday, June 9, 2023

Happy Pride Month 2023!

 

 

Hey everyone.  Welcome to Pride Month 2023 and a new Equality For All "Pride 2023" Collaboration with Misty, aka The Jolly Fat Elf.  I won't go into a big blah, blah, blah about the hate being thrown at the LGBTQIA community since it's all over the news.  And, I want my posts this month to be fun, filled with Pride, rainbows, and lots of bright colors.  

So, let's get started.

Today I made a slimline card - an idea that has been in my head for over 2 years.  I love the "Converse" sneakers in the Stand Up For America digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard and I have made many cards using this set for July 4th.  But, with the stripes on one of the sneakers, I've always seen a Pride card too, and it feels great to finally get this idea out of my head.      

I started by printing one of the papers from the Rainbow Vibes Digital Paper Pack from Graciellie Design, and the Converse sneakers from the Stand Up For America digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard.  Then I grabbed my GRAF alcohol pens, picked various rainbow colors, and colored in the sneakers.

Note: At the time of this blog post, the Stand Up For America set is on sale on the Polka Dot Orchard website and, Graciellie Design is having a 40% off sale on everything.  So you can get the paper at a nice discount too.  I also have a folio idea planned for - hopefully, next week - using the Rainbow Vibes papers.

Next, I made a slimline card base using white cardstock - 3 5/8" x 8 5/8".  Then I pulled out the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die set from Pink Fresh Studio and cut a portion of the Rainbow paper using the largest stitched die, and I cut the sneakers using the largest of the non-stitched dies.

I adhered the Rainbow Vibes paper to my card front.  And then, I realized I needed a sentiment.  So I grabbed my Love Wins stamp set from Reverse Confetti and stamped and colored "Love is Love".  Then I adhered this to a piece of fun foam and then to the card front.

Done!

Here is Misty's project, a very cool Pride calendar spread, which you can find HERE or over on her YouTube Channel - The Jolly Fat Elf


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I would love to know what you think of this card and this collaboration.  Planning anything for Pride month?  Let me know!  And, as always, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...